Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [NS5B-6] to Hepatitis C Virus (Biotin)
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Hepatitis C virus
- Conjugation: Biotin
- Isotype: IgG2b
Product nameAnti-Hepatitis C Virus antibody [NS5B-6] (Biotin)
See all Hepatitis C Virus primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [NS5B-6] to Hepatitis C Virus (Biotin)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISA, Flow Cyt, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Hepatitis C virus
Recombinant fragment of NS5b protein of Hepatitis C Virus genotype 1b, expressed in E. coli
- Chimp liver cells infected with recombinant vaccinia virus containing a HCV genome cDNA.
Conjugate: Biotin conjugated [biotin] / [IgG] = 8.7
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituents: 50% Glycerol, 49% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityIon Exchange Chromatography
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab122972 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Detects a band of approximately 58 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 70 kDa).|
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
ab18418 - Mouse monoclonal IgG2b, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
RelevanceHepatitis C Virus is a positive, single stranded RNA virus in the Flaviviridae family. The genome is approximately 10,000 nucleotides and encodes a single polyprotein of about 3,000 amino acids. The polyprotein is processed by host cell and viral proteases into three major structural proteins and several non structural proteins necessary for viral replication. Several different genotypes of HCV with slightly different genomic sequences have since been identified that correlate with differences in response to treatment with interferon alpha.
Cellular localizationVirus surface
- Genome polyprotein antibody
- HCV antibody
- Hepatitis C virus polyprotein antibody
Anti-Hepatitis C Virus antibody [NS5B-6] (Biotin) (ab122972) + Lysate of chimp liver cells infected with recombinant
vaccinia virus containing a HCV genome cDNA
Predicted band size: 70 kDa
Observed band size: 58 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
NS5b protein is detected as a 58kDa band.
ab122972, staining Hepatitis C Virus NS5b protein in Chimp liver cells infected with recombinant vaccinia virus containing a HCV genome cDNA by immunofluorescence.
ab122972 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Zhang MQ et al. Differential Effects of Autophagy-Related 10 Protein on HCV Replication and Autophagy Flux Are Mediated by Its Cysteine44 and Cysteine135. Front Immunol 9:2176 (2018). PubMed: 30319633
- Manabe S et al. Production of nonstructural proteins of hepatitis C virus requires a putative viral protease encoded by NS3. Virology 198:636-44 (1994). PubMed: 8291245