Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to Hepatitis C Virus NS3
- Suitable for: ELISA, ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Hepatitis C virus
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Hepatitis C Virus NS3 antibody
See all Hepatitis C Virus NS3 primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to Hepatitis C Virus NS3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Hepatitis C virus
Recombinant full length protein (genotype 1a).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.0268% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityIon Exchange Chromatography
Purification notesSodium sulfate precipitation & ion-exchange chromatography.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab21124 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 72 kDa.|
RelevanceHCV is a positive, single-stranded RNA virus in the Flaviviridae family. The genome is approximately 10,000 nucleotides and encodes a single polyprotein of about 3,000 amino acids. The polyprotein is processed by host cell and viral proteases into three major structural proteins including NS3, and several non-structural proteins necessary for viral replication. The NS3 part of the polyprotein displays three enzymatic activities: serine protease, NTPase and RNA helicase. The NS3 serine proteinase (NS3P) is a non-structural hepatitis C protein responsible for proteolytic processing of other non-structural proteins; because of this, it is also the most extensively studied protein of the Hepatitis C genome. It is responsible for proteolytic processing of the entire downstream region of the HC polyprotein, catalyzing cleavage at the NS3/NS4a, NS4a/NS4b, NS4b/NS5a, and NS5a/NS5b sites to release the mature NS3, NS4a, NS4b, NS5a, and NS5b proteins.For proper function, NS3 requires NS4a as a cofactor, but, interestingly enough, NS3 also cleaves the NS4a protein. The molecular weight of the monomer NS3P is 70 kDa.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane
- Hepatitis C Virus NS3 antibody
- NS3 antibody
- NS3P antibody
ab21124 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Wozniak AL et al. Hepatitis C virus promotes virion secretion through cleavage of the Rab7 adaptor protein RILP. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 113:12484-12489 (2016). PubMed: 27791088
- Quan H et al. Hepatitis C virus core protein epigenetically silences SFRP1 and enhances HCC aggressiveness by inducing epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Oncogene N/A:N/A (2013). PubMed: 23770846
- Kannan RP et al. Hepatitis C virus infection causes cell cycle arrest at the level of initiation of mitosis. J Virol 85:7989-8001 (2011). WB . PubMed: 21680513
- McGivern DR et al. Impaired replication of hepatitis C virus containing mutations in a conserved NS5B retinoblastoma protein-binding motif. J Virol 83:7422-33 (2009). WB . PubMed: 19458004
- Wang T et al. Role of Hepatitis C virus core protein in viral-induced mitochondrial dysfunction. J Viral Hepat : (2009). WB ; Hepatitis C virus . PubMed: 20002299