Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR4226] to Hes1
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-P, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Hes1 antibody [EPR4226]
See all Hes1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR4226] to Hes1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-P, Flow Cytmore details
Unsuitable for: IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Hes1 aa 200-300. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- Fetal brain, PC12, and SH-SY5Y cell lysates. Human placenta tissue.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 59% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab108937 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||1/40 - 1/100.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 30 kDa.
|IHC-P||1/90 - 1/200. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|Flow Cyt||1/20 - 1/50.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionTranscriptional repressor of genes that require a bHLH protein for their transcription. May act as a negative regulator of myogenesis by inhibiting the functions of MYOD1 and ASH1. Binds DNA on N-box motifs: 5'-CACNAG-3' with high affinity and on E-box motifs: 5'-CANNTG-3' with low affinity.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) domain.
Contains 1 Orange domain.
DomainHas a particular type of basic domain (presence of a helix-interrupting proline) that binds to the N-box (CACNAG), rather than the canonical E-box (CANNTG).
The C-terminal WRPW motif is a transcriptional repression domain necessary for the interaction with Groucho/TLE family members, transcriptional corepressors recruited to specific target DNA by Hairy-related proteins.
The bHLH, as well as cooperation between the central Orange domain and the C-terminal WRPW motif, is required for transcriptional repressor activity.
- Information by UniProt
- bHLHb39 antibody
- C-HAIRY1 antibody
- c-hairy1A antibody
Anti-Hes1 antibody [EPR4226] (ab108937) at 1/1000 dilution (purified) + SH-SY5Y cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP goat anti-rabbit (H+L) at 1/1000 dilution
Predicted band size: 30 kDa
Observed band size: 30 kDa
Blocking buffer: 5% NFDM/TBST
Dilution buffer: 5% NFDM/TBST
Primary ab concentration dilution: 1:200, (0.5ug/ml), Secondary ab: ImmunoHistoprobe (Ready to use) HRP Polymer for Rabbit IgG, Secondary ab concentration: Prediluted, Tissue: Human brain, Fixative: Paraffin-embedded sections, Counter stain: Hematoxylin Antigen retrieval: Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval using Tris/EDTA Buffer, PH9
Immunofluorescent staining of SH-SY5Y cells (fixed with 4% PFA and permeablized with TritonX 100) with purified ab108937 at a dilution of 1/100. An Alexa Fluor® 555 goat anti-rabbit antibody was used as the secondary at a dilution of 1/200. The panel on the right shows the DAPI counter-staining.
Overlay histogram showing SH-SY5Y cells stained with unpurified ab108937 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab108937, 1/100 dilution) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) (ab96899) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (monoclonal) (1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
All lanes : Anti-Hes1 antibody [EPR4226] (ab108937) at 1/1000 dilution (unpurified)
Lane 1 : Fetal brain lysate
Lane 2 : PC12 cell lysate
Lane 3 : SH-SY5Y cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP-labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 30 kDa
Immunohistochemical staining of Hes1 in paraffin-embedded human placenta tissue with unpurified ab108937 at 1/250 dilution.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Immunohistochemical staining of paraffin embedded human brain with unpurified ab108937 at a working dilution of 1 in 90. The secondary antibody used is a HRP polymer for rabbit IgG. The sample is counter-stained with hematoxylin. Antigen retrieval was perfomed using Tris-EDTA buffer, pH 9.0.
Immunofluorescent staining of SH-SY5Y cells (fixed with 4% PFA and permeablized with TritonX 100) with unpurified ab108937 at a dilution of 1/40. An Alexa Fluor® 555 goat anti-rabbit antibody was used as the secondary at a dilution of 1/200. The panel on the right shows the DAPI counter-staining.
ab108937 has been referenced in 40 publications.
- Xue Y et al. Forskolin promotes vasculogenic mimicry and invasion via Notch-1-activated epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in syncytiolization of trophoblast cells in choriocarcinoma. Int J Oncol 56:1129-1139 (2020). PubMed: 32319581
- Song Y et al. The ethyl acetate extracts of radix trichosanthis protect retinal vascular endothelial cells from high glucose-induced injury. J Ethnopharmacol 240:111954 (2019). PubMed: 31085225
- Liu W et al. Mesenchymal stem cells alleviate the early brain injury of subarachnoid hemorrhage partly by suppression of Notch1-dependent neuroinflammation: involvement of Botch. J Neuroinflammation 16:8 (2019). PubMed: 30646897
- Cui Q et al. GXYLT2 accelerates cell growth and migration by regulating the Notch pathway in human cancer cells. Exp Cell Res 376:1-10 (2019). PubMed: 30716301
- Huang H et al. M1 Macrophage Activated by Notch Signal Pathway Contributed to Ventilator-Induced Lung Injury in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Model. J Surg Res 244:358-367 (2019). PubMed: 31323391