Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to HES5
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Constituents: PBS, 40% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab25374 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||1/200 - 1/1000.
This product has not been tested with paraffin sections.
FunctionTranscriptional repressor of genes that require a bHLH protein for their transcription.
Tissue specificityExpressed in fetal heart and brain tumors.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) domain.
Contains 1 Orange domain.
DomainHas a particular type of basic domain (presence of a helix-interrupting proline) that binds to the N-box (CACNAG), rather than the canonical E-box (CANNTG).
The C-terminal WRPW motif is a transcriptional repression domain necessary for the interaction with Groucho/TLE family members, transcriptional corepressors recruited to specific target DNA by Hairy-related proteins.
- Information by UniProt
- bHLHb38 antibody
- Class B basic helix-loop-helix protein 38 antibody
- Hairy and enhancer of split 5 antibody
ab25374 staining the cortex of e14.5 mouse embryo by IHC-Fr. The tissue was frozen and cut into 10 µm slices on a cyrostat then fixed and blocked prior to incubating with the primary antibody (diluted 1/100) for 90 minutes. A fluorescent conjugated secondary antibody was incubated with the sample for 30 minutes. HES-5 is shown in red in the nuclear regions; the blue staining is Hoechst nuclear counter stain.
ab25374 has been referenced in 14 publications.
- Huang H et al. M1 Macrophage Activated by Notch Signal Pathway Contributed to Ventilator-Induced Lung Injury in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Model. J Surg Res 244:358-367 (2019). PubMed: 31323391
- Ke N et al. The antitumor function of arctigenin in human retinoblastoma cells is mediated by jagged-1. Mol Med Rep 19:3642-3648 (2019). PubMed: 30896794
- Wu K et al. MicroRNA-140-5p inhibits cell proliferation, migration and promotes cell apoptosis in gastric cancer through the negative regulation of THY1-mediated Notch signaling. Biosci Rep 39:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31123165
- Yin D et al. Targeting Notch-activated M1 macrophages attenuate lung tissue damage in a rat model of ventilator induced lung injury. Int J Mol Med 44:1388-1398 (2019). PubMed: 31432103
- Arai MA et al. The Notch inhibitor cowanin accelerates nicastrin degradation. Sci Rep 8:5376 (2018). PubMed: 29599482