Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to HES5
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-HES5 antibody
See all HES5 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to HES5
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Constituents: PBS, 40% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab25374 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||1/200 - 1/1000.
This product has not been tested with paraffin sections.
FunctionTranscriptional repressor of genes that require a bHLH protein for their transcription.
Tissue specificityExpressed in fetal heart and brain tumors.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) domain.
Contains 1 Orange domain.
DomainHas a particular type of basic domain (presence of a helix-interrupting proline) that binds to the N-box (CACNAG), rather than the canonical E-box (CANNTG).
The C-terminal WRPW motif is a transcriptional repression domain necessary for the interaction with Groucho/TLE family members, transcriptional corepressors recruited to specific target DNA by Hairy-related proteins.
- Information by UniProt
- bHLHb38 antibody
- Class B basic helix-loop-helix protein 38 antibody
- Hairy and enhancer of split 5 antibody
ab25374 staining the cortex of e14.5 mouse embryo by IHC-Fr. The tissue was frozen and cut into 10 µm slices on a cyrostat then fixed and blocked prior to incubating with the primary antibody (diluted 1/100) for 90 minutes. A fluorescent conjugated secondary antibody was incubated with the sample for 30 minutes. HES-5 is shown in red in the nuclear regions; the blue staining is Hoechst nuclear counter stain.
ab25374 has been referenced in 14 publications.
- Huang H et al. M1 Macrophage Activated by Notch Signal Pathway Contributed to Ventilator-Induced Lung Injury in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Model. J Surg Res 244:358-367 (2019). PubMed: 31323391
- Ke N et al. The antitumor function of arctigenin in human retinoblastoma cells is mediated by jagged-1. Mol Med Rep 19:3642-3648 (2019). PubMed: 30896794
- Wu K et al. MicroRNA-140-5p inhibits cell proliferation, migration and promotes cell apoptosis in gastric cancer through the negative regulation of THY1-mediated Notch signaling. Biosci Rep 39:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31123165
- Yin D et al. Targeting Notch-activated M1 macrophages attenuate lung tissue damage in a rat model of ventilator induced lung injury. Int J Mol Med 44:1388-1398 (2019). PubMed: 31432103
- Arai MA et al. The Notch inhibitor cowanin accelerates nicastrin degradation. Sci Rep 8:5376 (2018). PubMed: 29599482