Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Hex
- Suitable for: ChIP, WB, IHC-FoFr
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Hex antibody
See all Hex primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Hex
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ChIP, WB, IHC-FoFrmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Predicted to work with: Rat, Human, Pig
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Hex aa 200 to the C-terminus (C terminal) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- This antibody gave a positive signal in Mouse Liver Tissue Lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
ChIP Related Products
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab34222 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ChIP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 37 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 30 kDa).Can be blocked with Human Hex peptide (ab28465).|
FunctionRecognizes the DNA sequence 5'-ATTAA-3'. Transcriptional repressor. May play a role in hematopoietic differentiation. Establishes anterior identity at two levels; acts early to enhance canonical WNT-signaling by repressing expression of TLE4, and acts later to inhibit NODAL-signaling by directly targeting NODAL.
Tissue specificityLiver and promyelocytic leukemia cell line HL60.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 homeobox DNA-binding domain.
Developmental stageExpressed during hematopoiesis.
- Information by UniProt
- Hematopoietically expressed homeobox antibody
- Hematopoietically-expressed homeobox protein HHEX antibody
- HEX antibody
Anti-Hex antibody (ab34222) at 1 µg/ml + Liver (Mouse) Tissue Lysate at 10 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 30 kDa
Observed band size: 37 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 42 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 30 seconds
ab34222 staining Hex in mouse brain tissue section by Immunohistochemistry (PFA perfusion fixed frozen sections). Tissue from 4% PFA perfused animals underwent overnight fixation in 4% paraformaldehyde, cryoprotected in 30% sucrose and cut using cryostat.The primary antibody was diluted, 1/100 (PBS + 0.3% Triton X100) and incubated with sample for 18 hours at 20°C. An Alexa Fluor®488 conjugated goat polyclonal to rabbit IgG at 1/1000 dilution, was used as secondary.
ab34222 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Dyikanov DT et al. Optimization of CRISPR/Cas9 Technology to Knock Out Genes of Interest in Aneuploid Cell Lines. Tissue Eng Part C Methods 25:168-175 (2019). PubMed: 30747044
- Wadey KS et al. Protein kinase CK2 inhibition suppresses neointima formation via a proline-rich homeodomain-dependent mechanism. Vascul Pharmacol 99:34-44 (2017). WB, IHC-P . PubMed: 28927755
- Stepanova V et al. Urokinase-type Plasminogen Activator (uPA) Promotes Angiogenesis by Attenuating Proline-rich Homeodomain Protein (PRH) Transcription Factor Activity and De-repressing Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) Receptor Expression. J Biol Chem 291:15029-45 (2016). Mouse . PubMed: 27151212