Key features and details
- Sheep polyclonal to HEXIM1
- Suitable for: WB, IP
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28016 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 50 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 41 kDa).|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
FunctionTranscriptional regulator which functions as a general RNA polymerase II transcription inhibitor. In cooperation with 7SK snRNA sequesters P-TEFb in a large inactive 7SK snRNP complex preventing RNA polymerase II phosphorylation and subsequent transcriptional elongation. May also regulate NF-kappa-B, ESR1, NR3C1 and CIITA-dependent transcriptional activity.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed with higher expression in placenta. HEXIM1 and HEXIM2 are differentially expressed. Expressed in endocrine tissues.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the HEXIM family.
DomainThe coiled-coil domain mediates oligomerization.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Binds alpha-importin and is mostly nuclear.
- Information by UniProt
- Cardiac lineage protein 1 antibody
- CLP 1 antibody
- CLP1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-HEXIM1 antibody (ab28016) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : recombinant 6x His tagged HEXIM1 protein
Lane 2 : Hela whole cell lysate
Lane 3 : Hela cell nuclear lysate
All lanes : donkey anti-sheep peroxidase conjugate at 1/20000 dilution
Predicted band size: 41 kDa
Observed band size: 50 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab28016 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Brogie JE & Price DH Reconstitution of a functional 7SK snRNP. Nucleic Acids Res 45:6864-6880 (2017). PubMed: 28431135
- Safronova OS et al. Acute hypoxia affects P-TEFb through HDAC3 and HEXIM1-dependent mechanism to promote gene-specific transcriptional repression. Nucleic Acids Res 42:8954-69 (2014). IP ; Human . PubMed: 25056306
- Natarajan M et al. Combinatorial signals from CD28 differentially regulate human immunodeficiency virus transcription in T cells. J Biol Chem 285:17338-47 (2010). WB ; Human . PubMed: 20368329
- Choudhary SK et al. Hexamethylbisacetamide and disruption of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 latency in CD4(+) T cells. J Infect Dis 197:1162-70 (2008). WB ; Human . PubMed: 18419522
- Krueger BJ et al. LARP7 is a stable component of the 7SK snRNP while P-TEFb, HEXIM1 and hnRNP A1 are reversibly associated. Nucleic Acids Res : (2008). WB ; Human . PubMed: 18281698
- Li Q et al. HEXIM1 is a promiscuous double-stranded RNA-binding protein and interacts with RNAs in addition to 7SK in cultured cells. Nucleic Acids Res 35:2503-12 (2007). IF . PubMed: 17395637
- Michels AA et al. Binding of the 7SK snRNA turns the HEXIM1 protein into a P-TEFb (CDK9/cyclin T) inhibitor. EMBO J 23:2608-19 (2004). PubMed: 15201869