Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Hexokinase 1 - Mitochondrial Outer Membrane Marker
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Hexokinase 1 antibody - Mitochondrial Outer Membrane Marker
See all Hexokinase 1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Hexokinase 1 - Mitochondrial Outer Membrane Marker
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide derived from an internal sequence of human Hexokinase 1. [Swiss-Prot P19367]
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab65069 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 102 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 102 kDa).|
Tissue specificityIsoform 2 is erythrocyte specific. Isoform 3 and isoform 4 are testis-specific.
PathwayCarbohydrate metabolism; hexose metabolism.
Involvement in diseaseHexokinase deficiency
Neuropathy, hereditary motor and sensory, Russe type
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the hexokinase family.
Contains 2 hexokinase domains.
DomainThe N- and C-terminal halves of this hexokinase show extensive sequence similarity to each other. The catalytic activity is associated with the C-terminus while regulatory function is associated with the N-terminus. Each domain can bind a single glucose and Gluc-6-P molecule.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion outer membrane. Its hydrophobic N-terminal sequence may be involved in membrane binding.
- Information by UniProt
- BB404130 antibody
- Brain form hexokinase antibody
- dea antibody
All lanes : Anti-Hexokinase 1 antibody - Mitochondrial Outer Membrane Marker (ab65069) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : extracts from HeLa cells
Lane 2 : extracts from HeLa cells with immunizing peptide at 5 µg
Lysates/proteins at 5 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 102 kDa
Observed band size: 102 kDa
Additional bands at: 60 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab65069 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Yu L et al. Silencing the Girdin gene enhances radio-sensitivity of hepatocellular carcinoma via suppression of glycolytic metabolism. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 36:110 (2017). PubMed: 28810896
- Kishore M et al. Regulatory T Cell Migration Is Dependent on Glucokinase-Mediated Glycolysis. Immunity 47:875-889.e10 (2017). PubMed: 29166588
- Tegnebratt T et al. Evaluation of efficacy of a new MEK inhibitor, RO4987655, in human tumor xenografts by [(18)F] FDG-PET imaging combined with proteomic approaches. EJNMMI Res 4:34 (2014). IHC . PubMed: 26116108