Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to HGS
- Suitable for: WB, IP
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-HGS antibody
See all HGS primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to HGS
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Horse, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog, Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region between residue 727 and the C-terminus (residue 777) of human HGS (NP_004703.1)
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab72053 was affinity purified using an epitope specific to HGS immobilized on solid support.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab72053 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 110 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 86 kDa).|
|IP||Use at 2 µg/mg of lysate.|
FunctionInvolved in intracellular signal transduction mediated by cytokines and growth factors. When associated with STAM, it suppresses DNA signaling upon stimulation by IL-2 and GM-CSF. Could be a direct effector of PI3-kinase in vesicular pathway via early endosomes and may regulate trafficking to early and late endosomes by recruiting clathrin. May concentrate ubiquitinated receptors within clathrin-coated regions. Involved in down-regulation of receptor tyrosine kinase via multivesicular body (MVBs) when complexed with STAM (ESCRT-0 complex). The ESCRT-0 complex binds ubiquitin and acts as sorting machinery that recognizes ubiquitinated receptors and transfers them to further sequential lysosomal sorting/trafficking processes. May contribute to the efficient recruitment of SMADs to the activin receptor complex. Involved in receptor recycling via its association with the CART complex, a multiprotein complex required for efficient transferrin receptor recycling but not for EGFR degradation.
Tissue specificityUbiquitous expression in adult and fetal tissues with higher expression in testis and peripheral blood leukocytes.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 FYVE-type zinc finger.
Contains 1 UIM (ubiquitin-interacting motif) repeat.
Contains 1 VHS domain.
DomainHas a double-sided UIM that can bind 2 ubiquitin molecules, one on each side of the helix.
The FYVE-type zinc finger domain mediates interactions with phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate in membranes of early endosomes and penetrates bilayers. The FYVE domain insertion into PtdIns(3)P-enriched membranes is substantially increased in acidic conditions.
modificationsPhosphorylated on Tyr-334. A minor site of phosphorylation on Tyr-329 is detected (By similarity). Phosphorylation occurs in response to EGF, IL-2, GM-CSF and HGF.
Ubiquitinated by ITCH.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Early endosome membrane. Endosome > multivesicular body membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Hepatocyte growth factor regulated tyrosine kinase substrate antibody
- Hepatocyte growth factor-regulated tyrosine kinase substrate antibody
- HGF-regulated tyrosine kinase substrate antibody
All lanes : Anti-HGS antibody (ab72053) at 0.04 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 2 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 15 µg
Lane 3 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 5 µg
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 86 kDa
Observed band size: 110 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 3 minutes
Detection of HGS by Western Blot of Immunprecipitate.
ab72053 at 1µg/ml staining HGS in HeLa whole cell lysate immunoprecipitated using ab72053 at 3µg/mg lysate (1 mg/IP; 20% of IP loaded/lane).
Detection: Chemiluminescence with exposure time of 30 seconds.
ab72053 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Torralba D et al. Priming of dendritic cells by DNA-containing extracellular vesicles from activated T cells through antigen-driven contacts. Nat Commun 9:2658 (2018). PubMed: 29985392
- Frattini V et al. A metabolic function of FGFR3-TACC3 gene fusions in cancer. Nature 553:222-227 (2018). PubMed: 29323298
- Gómez-Escudero J et al. E-cadherin cleavage by MT2-MMP regulates apical junctional signaling and epithelial homeostasis in the intestine. J Cell Sci 130:4013-4027 (2017). PubMed: 29061881
- Villarroya-Beltri C et al. ISGylation controls exosome secretion by promoting lysosomal degradation of MVB proteins. Nat Commun 7:13588 (2016). ICC/IF . PubMed: 27882925
- Wang Y et al. Molecular characterization of proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9-mediated degradation of the LDLR. J Lipid Res 53:1932-43 (2012). PubMed: 22764087