Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Hhip
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Hhip antibody
See all Hhip primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Hhip
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Cow
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following lysates: HeLa Whole Cell; Mouse Heart; Mouse Liver; Mouse Pancreas.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab39208 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 80 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 79 kDa).|
FunctionModulates hedgehog signaling in several cell types including brain and lung through direct interaction with members of the hedgehog family.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed in fetal and adult tissues. Highest expression in adult heart, liver and pancreas, and in fetal kidney.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the HHIP family.
Contains 2 EGF-like domains.
DomainA flexible loop interacts with the SHH zinc binding site and contributes to zinc binding.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm and Cell membrane. Secreted. The last 22 C-terminal amino acids may participate in cell membrane attachment.
- Information by UniProt
- FLJ20992 antibody
- FLJ90230 antibody
- Hedgehog interacting protein antibody
All lanes : Anti-Hhip antibody (ab39208) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : Heart (Mouse) Tissue Lysate
Lane 3 : Liver (Mouse) Tissue Lysate
Lane 4 : Pancreas (Mouse) Tissue Lysate
Lane 5 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate with Human Hhip peptide (ab39947) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 6 : Heart (Mouse) Tissue Lysate with Human Hhip peptide (ab39947) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 7 : Liver (Mouse) Tissue Lysate with Human Hhip peptide (ab39947) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 8 : Pancreas (Mouse) Tissue Lysate with Human Hhip peptide (ab39947) at 1 µg/ml
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 79 kDa
Observed band size: 80 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 100 kDa, 45 kDa, 47 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 5 minutes
ab39208 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Lee BNR et al. Hedgehog-Interacting Protein (HIP) Regulates Apoptosis Evasion and Angiogenic Function of Late Endothelial Progenitor Cells. Sci Rep 7:12449 (2017). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 28963460
- Wang C et al. EZH2 Mediates epigenetic silencing of neuroblastoma suppressor genes CASZ1, CLU, RUNX3, and NGFR. Cancer Res 72:315-24 (2012). PubMed: 22068036
- Zhou X et al. Identification of a chronic obstructive pulmonary disease genetic determinant that regulates HHIP. Hum Mol Genet 21:1325-35 (2012). WB ; Human . PubMed: 22140090
- Angeloni NL et al. The role of hedgehog-interacting protein in maintaining cavernous nerve integrity and adult penile morphology. J Sex Med 6:2480-93 (2009). IHC-Fr ; Rat . PubMed: 19515211