Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [LN53] to HHV8
- Suitable for: IHC-P, IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Species independent
- Isotype: IgG2c
Product nameAnti-HHV8 antibody [LN53]
See all HHV8 primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [LN53] to HHV8
SpecificityHHV 8 is the likely etiological agent of Kaposi’s sarcoma (KS). HHV 8 encodes a latent nuclear antigen (LNA), which is the product of the viral gene orf 73. LNA is capable of forming a complex with retinoblastoma susceptibility gene product, which may be related to its oncogenic activity.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
Recombinant protein corresponding to the latent nuclear antigen 1 molecule of HHV 8.
EpitopeLocated within the ORF-73 region.
- Kaposi’s sarcoma.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: Tissue culture supernatant, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab4103 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/25 - 1/50. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol. ABC method.|
|IHC-Fr||1/25 - 1/50. ABC method.|
RelevanceHHV8 has been found to be associated with three different diseases observed in AIDS patients; kaposi's sarcoma, primary effusion lymphoma (which is a rare type of non-Hodgkin lymphoma affecting the body cavities) and multicentric Castleman's disease. To date there is much evidence to support a direct role for HHV8 in kaposi's sarcoma.
- HHV 8 antibody
- Human Herpes Virus 8 antibody
- Human herpesvirus 8 antibody
ab4103 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Tan B et al. Viral and cellular N6-methyladenosine and N6,2'-O-dimethyladenosine epitranscriptomes in the KSHV life cycle. Nat Microbiol 3:108-120 (2018). PubMed: 29109479
- Yang J et al. Case report of ocular Kaposi's sarcoma. BMC Ophthalmol 17:143 (2017). PubMed: 28806949
- Zhu Y et al. An Oncogenic Virus Promotes Cell Survival and Cellular Transformation by Suppressing Glycolysis. PLoS Pathog 12:e1005648 (2016). IHC-P . PubMed: 27187079
- El Hajj H et al. Combination of arsenic and interferon-a inhibits expression of KSHV latent transcripts and synergistically improves survival of mice with primary effusion lymphomas. PLoS One 8:e79474 (2013). ICC/IF . PubMed: 24250827
- Loddenkemper C et al. [The morphologic variants of KSHV/HHV 8-associated lymphoproliferations.] Pathologe : (2006). PubMed: 17160657