Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to HIRA/HIR
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-HIRA/HIR antibody
See all HIRA/HIR primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to HIRA/HIR
ab20655 is able to recognise a band at 115kDa corresponding to the long isoform of HIRA/HIR and a band at 89kDa, corresponding to the short isoform of HIRA/HIR in HepG2 nuclear extract.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Dog
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following whole cell lysate: HepG2 nuclear extract.
This product was previously labelled as HIRA
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab20655 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 89 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 89 kDa).
Detects a band of approximately 89 kDa, corresponding to the short isoform of HIRA/HIR.
FunctionCooperates with ASF1A to promote replication-independent chromatin assembly. Required for the periodic repression of histone gene transcription during the cell cycle. Required for the formation of senescence-associated heterochromatin foci (SAHF) and efficient senescence-associated cell cycle exit.
Tissue specificityExpressed at high levels in kidney, pancreas and skeletal muscle and at lower levels in brain, heart, liver, lung, and placenta.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the WD repeat HIR1 family.
Contains 8 WD repeats.
Developmental stageExpressed during embryogenesis.
Phosphorylated by CDK2/CCNA1 and CDK2/CCNE1 on Thr-555 in vitro. Also phosphorylated on Thr-555 and Ser-687 in vivo.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Nucleus > PML body. Primarily, though not exclusively, localized to the nucleus. Localizes to PML bodies immediately prior to onset of senescence.
- Information by UniProt
- DGCR1 antibody
- DiGeorge critical region gene 1 antibody
- HIR antibody
ab20655 at 10 µg + HepG2 nuclear extract lysate at 10 µg
IRDye 680 Conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/10000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 89 kDa
Observed band size: 115 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 89 kDa (possible isoform)
ab20655 is able to recognise a band at 115kDa corresponding to the long isoform of HIRA/HIR and a band at 89kDa, corresponding to the short isoform of HIRA/HIR.
ab20655 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Zhang Q et al. Role of lncRNA uc.457 in the differentiation and maturation of cardiomyocytes. Mol Med Rep 19:4927-4934 (2019). PubMed: 30957182
- Cohen C et al. Promyelocytic leukemia (PML) nuclear bodies (NBs) induce latent/quiescent HSV-1 genomes chromatinization through a PML NB/Histone H3.3/H3.3 Chaperone Axis. PLoS Pathog 14:e1007313 (2018). PubMed: 30235352
- Rivera C et al. Methylation of histone H3 lysine 9 occurs during translation. Nucleic Acids Res 43:9097-106 (2015). PubMed: 26405197
- Majumder A et al. Histone Chaperone HIRA in Regulation of Transcription Factor RUNX1. J Biol Chem 290:13053-63 (2015). PubMed: 25847244
- O'Sullivan RJ et al. Rapid induction of alternative lengthening of telomeres by depletion of the histone chaperone ASF1. Nat Struct Mol Biol 21:167-74 (2014). WB ; Human . PubMed: 24413054
- Lewis PW et al. Daxx is an H3.3-specific histone chaperone and cooperates with ATRX in replication-independent chromatin assembly at telomeres. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:14075-80 (2010). ChIP ; Mouse . PubMed: 20651253
- Dutta D et al. Regulation of angiogenesis by histone chaperone HIRA-mediated incorporation of lysine 56-acetylated histone H3.3 at chromatin domains of endothelial genes. J Biol Chem 285:41567-77 (2010). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 21041298