Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Histidine decarboxylase
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Histidine decarboxylase antibody
See all Histidine decarboxylase primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Histidine decarboxylase
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Histidine decarboxylase. synthetic peptide around aa 22
(Peptide available as
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 1% BSA, 50% Glycerol, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab37291 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 4 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 74 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 74 kDa).Can be blocked with Histidine decarboxylase peptide (ab55801).|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
PathwayAmine and polyamine biosynthesis; histamine biosynthesis; histamine from L-histidine: step 1/1.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the group II decarboxylase family.
- Information by UniProt
- DCHS_HUMAN antibody
- EC 22.214.171.124 antibody
- HDC antibody
- Histidine decarboxylase antibody
Western blot analysis of HDC expression in rat fetal liver tissue lysate.
IHC image of ab37291 staining in human normal skin formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab37291, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab37291 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Davies S et al. Impact of moderate prenatal alcohol exposure on histaminergic neurons, histidine decarboxylase levels and histamine H2 receptors in adult rat offspring. Alcohol 76:47-57 (2019). PubMed: 30557779
- Ocana JA et al. Platelet-Activating Factor-Induced Reduction in Contact Hypersensitivity Responses Is Mediated by Mast Cells via Cyclooxygenase-2-Dependent Mechanisms. J Immunol 200:4004-4011 (2018). PubMed: 29695417
- Kamei M et al. Suppression of IFN-? Production in Murine Splenocytes by Histamine Receptor Antagonists. Int J Mol Sci 19:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30562962
- Ayada K et al. Induction of the Histamine-Forming Enzyme Histidine Decarboxylase in Skeletal Muscles by Prolonged Muscular Work: Histological Demonstration and Mediation by Cytokines. Biol Pharm Bull 40:1326-1330 (2017). PubMed: 28769013
- Chen J et al. Aggravated myocardial infarction-induced cardiac remodeling and heart failure in histamine-deficient mice. Sci Rep 7:44007 (2017). WB . PubMed: 28272448