Key features and details
- Assay time: 1 hr
- Sample type: Adherent cells, Suspension cells, Tissue
Product nameHistone Extraction Kit
See all Histone Extraction kits
Sample typeTissue, Adherent cells, Suspension cells
Assay time1h 00m
Histone Extraction Kit (ab113476) is suitable for a quick isolation of total histone extracts from cells and tissue samples from mammals and other species.
The amount of starting material can be as low as 105 cells or 1 mg of tissue. For best results, the cell number should be >106 cells or the tissue amount should be >10 mg.
A total of 100 standard extractions (using 107 cells or 100 mg of tissue per extraction) can be performed with this kit. Yield of the total histone proteins can be up to 0.4 mg per 107 cells or per 100 mg of tissue. The yield may vary depending on the cell or tissue type.
Histone purification is most often performed before the analysis of the global levels within a sample of post-translational histone modifications in western blot.
Chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP) is the most common technique used for the analysis of histone modifications at specific sites within the genome. Use a chromatin extraction kit instead of a histone purification kit for the preparation of samples for ChIP.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 100 tests 10X Pre-Lysis Buffer 1 x 10ml Balance Buffer 1 x 8ml DTT Solution 1 x 20µl Lysis Buffer 1 x 20ml
The differences in H3 acetylation level in fetal livers (female fetuses aged 19 dpc) from F1, F2, and F3 generations. measured with ab113476. Histones were prepared using ab115124
Asterisk indicate a significant difference between the respective C and R groups: ∗∗ P < 0.01; NS not significant. Data presented as the means ± SE (n = 6 per group).
SDS-PAGE Analysis of samples prepared using Histone extraction Kit.
Histones were purified from mouse liver cells using ab113476. Each lane was loaded with 15μg of purified histone.
Image courtesy of Kevin Dalgaard, MPI for Immunobiology & Epigenetics, Freiburg, DE
Histone extracts were prepared from MCF-7 cells using the ab113476 and acetyl histone H3-K9 was quantified.
ab113476 has been referenced in 59 publications.
- Soofi A et al. Regeneration after acute kidney injury requires PTIP-mediated epigenetic modifications. JCI Insight 5:N/A (2020). PubMed: 31917689
- Li Q et al. p53 Integrates Temporal WDR5 Inputs during Neuroectoderm and Mesoderm Differentiation of Mouse Embryonic Stem Cells. Cell Rep 30:465-480.e6 (2020). PubMed: 31940490
- Sousounis K et al. Eya2 promotes cell cycle progression by regulating DNA damage response during vertebrate limb regeneration. Elife 9:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32142407
- Nam MH et al. Aspirin inhibits TGFß2-induced epithelial to mesenchymal transition of lens epithelial cells: selective acetylation of K56 and K122 in histone H3. Biochem J 477:75-97 (2020). PubMed: 31815277
- Tiwari SK et al. Fatty acid ß-oxidation is required for the differentiation of larval hematopoietic progenitors in Drosophila. Elife 9:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32530419