Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Histone H1
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB, ELISA, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Histone H1 antibody
See all Histone H1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Histone H1
SpecificityDetects total Histone H1 levels.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WB, ELISA, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
- IHC-P: Human normal colon FFPE tissue sections. WB: HepG2 cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab61177 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000.|
|ICC/IF||1/500 - 1/1000.|
FunctionMay play a key role in the control of gene expression during oogenesis and early embryogenesis, presumably through the perturbation of chromatin structure. Essential for meiotic maturation of germinal vesicle-stage oocytes. The somatic type linker histone H1c is rapidly replaced by H1oo in a donor nucleus transplanted into an oocyte. The greater mobility of H1oo as compared to H1c may contribute to this rapid replacement and increased instability of the embryonic chromatin structure. The rapid replacement of H1c with H1oo may play an important role in nuclear remodeling.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone H1/H5 family.
Contains 1 H15 (linker histone H1/H5 globular) domain.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Chromosome.
- Information by UniProt
- dJ221C16.2 antibody
- dJ221C16.5 antibody
- DmeH1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Histone H1 antibody (ab61177)
Lane 1 : HepG2
Lane 2 : HepG2 with blocking peptide
IHC image of ab61177 staining Histone H1 in human colon formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue sections, performed on a Leica Bond. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab61177, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX. No primary antibody was used in the negative control (shown on the inset).
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab61177 at 1/500 - 1/1000 dilution staining Histone H1 in HuvEc cells, treated with serum (20%, 15mins) by Immunofluorescence.
Paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma tissue stained for Histone H1 with ab61177 at 1/50 dilution in immunohistochemical analysis.
The sample in the right-hand panel is incubated with the immunizing peptide.
ab61177 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Puttaraksa K et al. Parvovirus B19V Nonstructural Protein NS1 Induces Double-Stranded Deoxyribonucleic Acid Autoantibodies and End-Organ Damage in Nonautoimmune Mice. J Infect Dis 219:1418-1429 (2019). PubMed: 30346568
- Borriello M et al. Pinocembrin Protects from AGE-Induced Cytotoxicity and Inhibits Non-Enzymatic Glycation in Human Insulin. Cells 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31035509
- Shinjo T et al. Propofol induces nuclear localization of Nrf2 under conditions of oxidative stress in cardiac H9c2 cells. PLoS One 13:e0196191 (2018). PubMed: 29689082
- El-Daher MT et al. Tetratricopeptide repeat domain 7A is a nuclear factor that modulates transcription and chromatin structure. Cell Discov 4:61 (2018). PubMed: 30455981
- Guler GD et al. Repression of Stress-Induced LINE-1 Expression Protects Cancer Cell Subpopulations from Lethal Drug Exposure. Cancer Cell 32:221-237.e13 (2017). PubMed: 28781121
- Iannuzzi C et al. D-ribose-glycation of insulin prevents amyloid aggregation and produces cytotoxic adducts. Biochim Biophys Acta 1862:93-104 (2016). PubMed: 26519138
- Jhunjhunwala S et al. Neutrophil Responses to Sterile Implant Materials. PLoS One 10:e0137550 (2015). Mouse . PubMed: 26355958
- Xiong W et al. Estradiol promotes cells invasion by activating ß-catenin signaling pathway in endometriosis. Reproduction 150:507-16 (2015). WB ; Human . PubMed: 26432349