Product nameAnti-Histone H2A (phospho S129) antibody
See all Histone H2A primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Histone H2A (phospho S129)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Schizosaccharomyces pombe
Predicted to work with: Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- S. pombe lysate
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab17353 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 15.5 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 15.5 kDa).|
FunctionCore component of nucleosome. Nucleosomes wrap and compact DNA into chromatin, limiting DNA accessibility to the cellular machineries which require DNA as a template. Histones thereby play a central role in transcription regulation, DNA repair, DNA replication and chromosomal stability. DNA accessibility is regulated via a complex set of post-translational modifications of histones, also called histone code, and nucleosome remodeling.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone H2A family.
modificationsThe chromatin-associated form is phosphorylated on Thr-121 during mitosis.
Deiminated on Arg-4 in granulocytes upon calcium entry.
Monoubiquitination of Lys-120 by RING1 and RNF2/RING2 complex gives a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional repression and participates in X chromosome inactivation of female mammals. It is involved in the initiation of both imprinted and random X inactivation. Ubiquitinated H2A is enriched in inactive X chromosome chromatin. Ubiquitination of H2A functions downstream of methylation of 'Lys-27' of histone H3. Monoubiquitination of Lys-120 by RNF2/RING2 can also be induced by ultraviolet and may be involved in DNA repair. Following DNA double-strand breaks (DSBs), it is ubiquitinated through 'Lys-63' linkage of ubiquitin moieties by the E2 ligase UBE2N and the E3 ligases RNF8 and RNF168, leading to the recruitment of repair proteins to sites of DNA damage. Monoubiquitination and ionizing radiation-induced 'Lys-63'-linked ubiquitination are distinct events.
Phosphorylation on Ser-2 is enhanced during mitosis. Phosphorylation on Ser-2 by RPS6KA5/MSK1 directly represses transcription. Acetylation of H3 inhibits Ser-2 phosphorylation by RPS6KA5/MSK1.
Symmetric dimethylation on Arg-4 by the PRDM1/PRMT5 complex may play a crucial role in the germ-cell lineage.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome.
- Information by UniProt
- SwissProt: P04912 Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- H2a 615 antibody
- H2A antibody
- H2A GL101 antibody
ab17353 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Jablonowski CM et al. Termination of Replication Stress Signaling via Concerted Action of the Slx4 Scaffold and the PP4 Phosphatase. Genetics 201:937-49 (2015). PubMed: 26362319
- Tapia-Alveal C et al. H2A.Z-dependent regulation of cohesin dynamics on chromosome arms. Mol Cell Biol 34:2092-104 (2014). PubMed: 24687850
- Lee M et al. Rad52/Rad59-dependent recombination as a means to rectify faulty Okazaki fragment processing. J Biol Chem 289:15064-79 (2014). PubMed: 24711454
- Garcia V et al. Bidirectional resection of DNA double-strand breaks by Mre11 and Exo1. Nature 479:241-4 (2011). PubMed: 22002605
- Outwin EA et al. Smc5-Smc6-dependent removal of cohesin from mitotic chromosomes. Mol Cell Biol 29:4363-75 (2009). WB ; Schizosaccharomyces pombe . PubMed: 19528228