Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Histone H2B
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Histone H2B antibody
See all Histone H2B primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Histone H2B
SpecificityThe antibody detects histone H2B protein. It does not cross react with other histones.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Histone H2B (N terminal).
- Jurkat cell lysate
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.02% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab18977 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 14 kDa.|
RelevanceCore component of nucleosome. Nucleosomes wrap and compact DNA into chromatin, limiting DNA accessibility to the cellular machineries which require DNA as a template. Histones thereby play a central role in transcription regulation, DNA repair, DNA replication and chromosomal stability. DNA accessibility is regulated via a complex set of post-translational modifications of histones, also called histone code, and nucleosome remodeling. Subunit structure The nucleosome is a histone octamer containing two molecules each of H2A, H2B, H3 and H4 assembled in one H3-H4 heterotetramer and two H2A-H2B heterodimers. The octamer wraps approximately 147 bp of DNA. Post-translational modification Monoubiquitination at Lys-35 (H2BK34Ub) by the MSL1/MSL2 dimer is required for histone H3 'Lys-4' (H3K4me) and 'Lys-79' (H3K79me) methylation and transcription activation at specific gene loci, such as HOXA9 and MEIS1 loci. Similarly, monoubiquitination at Lys-121 (H2BK120Ub) by the RNF20/40 complex gives a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation and is also prerequisite for histone H3 'Lys-4' and 'Lys-79' methylation. It also functions cooperatively with the FACT dimer to stimulate elongation by RNA polymerase II. H2BK120Ub also acts as a regulator of mRNA splicing: deubiquitination by USP49 is required for efficient cotranscriptional splicing of a large set of exons. Phosphorylation at Ser-37 (H2BS36ph) by AMPK in response to stress promotes transcription. Phosphorylated on Ser-15 (H2BS14ph) by STK4/MST1 during apoptosis; which facilitates apoptotic chromatin condensation. Also phosphorylated on Ser-15 in response to DNA double strand breaks (DSBs), and in correlation with somatic hypermutation and immunoglobulin class-switch recombination. GlcNAcylation at Ser-113 promotes monoubiquitination of Lys-121. It fluctuates in response to extracellular glucose, and associates with transcribed genes. Crotonylation (Kcr) is specifically present in male germ cells and marks testis-specific genes in post-meiotic cells, including X-linked genes that escape sex chromosome inactivation in haploid cells. Crotonylation marks active promoters and enhancers and confers resistance to transcriptional repressors. It is also associated with post-meiotically activated genes on autosomes.
- GL105 antibody
- H2B GL105 antibody
- H2B histone family member O antibody
Anti-Histone H2B antibody (ab18977) at 1 µg/ml +
Jurkat whole cell lysate (ab7899)
Observed band size: 14 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab18977 has been referenced in 17 publications.
- Li C et al. The H2B deubiquitinase Usp22 promotes antibody class switch recombination by facilitating non-homologous end joining. Nat Commun 9:1006 (2018). PubMed: 29520062
- Nam KH et al. Eudesmin impairs adipogenic differentiation via inhibition of S6K1 signaling pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 505:1148-1153 (2018). PubMed: 30316515
- Zhang T et al. Fancd2 in vivo interaction network reveals a non-canonical role in mitochondrial function. Sci Rep 7:45626 (2017). PubMed: 28378742
- Lian S et al. PRL-3 promotes telomere deprotection and chromosomal instability. Nucleic Acids Res 45:6546-6571 (2017). PubMed: 28482095
- Ananthula S et al. Geminin overexpression-dependent recruitment and crosstalk with mesenchymal stem cells enhance aggressiveness in triple negative breast cancers. Oncotarget 7:20869-89 (2016). PubMed: 26989079