Product nameHistone H3 (di-methyl K9) Quantification Kit (Colorimetric)
See all Histone H3 kits
Sample typeTissue, Adherent cells, Suspension cells
Assay time2h 30m
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Mammals
Methylation of histone H3 at lysine 9 by ESET, G9a among other methyl transferases is involved in euchromatin gene silencing as well as in heterochromatin formation. Specifically, H3 (di-methyl K9) mediates heterochromatin formation by forming a binding site for HP1.
Histone H3 (di-methyl K9) Quantification Kit (Colorimetric) (ab115062) allows the user to specifically measure global di-methylation of histone H3K9 colorimetrically using a variety of mammalian cells (human, mouse, etc.) including fresh and frozen tissues, cultured adherent and suspension cells.
Storage instructionsPlease refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 48 tests 96 tests 10X Wash Buffer 1 x 10ml 1 x 20ml 8-Well Sample Strips (with frame) 4 units 9 units 8-Well Standard Control Strips Green Ringed 2 units 3 units Antibody Buffer 1 x 6ml 1 x 2ml Color Developer 1 x 5ml 1 x 10ml Detection Antibody, 1 mg/mL 1 x 5µl 1 x 10µl Standard Control (100 µg/mL) 1 x 10µl 1 x 20µl Stop Solution 1 x 3ml 1 x 6ml
RelevanceCore component of nucleosome. Nucleosomes wrap and compact DNA into chromatin, limiting DNA accessibility to the cellular machineries which require DNA as a template. Histones thereby play a central role in transcription regulation, DNA repair, DNA replication and chromosomal stability. DNA accessibility is regulated via a complex set of post-translational modifications of histones, also called histone code, and nucleosome remodeling.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome.
- Histone H3 (K9) Methyltransferase Activity Quantification Assay Kit (ab113453)
- Histone H3 (methyl K9) Assay Kit (In Situ) (ab115047)
- Histone H3 (mono-methyl K9) Quantification Kit (Colorimetric) (ab115060)
- Histone H3 (mono-methyl K9) Quantification Kit (Fluorometric) (ab115061)
- Histone H3 (di-methyl K9) Quantification Kit (Fluorometric) (ab115063)
- Histone H3 (tri-methyl K9) Quantification Kit (Colorimetric) (ab115064)
- Histone H3 (tri-methyl K9) Quantification Kit (Fluorometric) (ab115065)
- Histone H3 (pan-methyl K9) Quantification Kit (Colorimetric) (ab115066)
- Histone H3 (pan-methyl K9) Quantification Kit (Fluorometric) (ab115067)
Histone extracts were prepared from MDA-MB-231 cells using the Histone Extraction Kit (ab113476) and the amount of dimethyl-H3-K9 was measured using ab115062.
ab115062 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.