For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
wants to use rat oligodendrocytes with and without inhibitors for MT
1) is the kit suitable for these conditions?
2) image on datasheet: was done specifically done for G9a. How was it specifically measured for this methyltransferase while excluding the other methyltransferases?
3) testing discount possible?
4) antibodies are specific to which target?
Asked on Jan 25 2012
Thank you for contacting us and thank you for your patience.
I have heard back from the lab with the following information:
1. Yes, this kit is suitable for the conditions mentioned (rat oligodendrocytes with and without inhibitors for MT) if the sufficient amount of nuclear protein can be obtained from rat oligodendrocytes andis used for each assay point ( 3-5 ug). Rat samples have however not yet been tested, but should work theoretically.
2. Purified G9a was spiked into the nuclear extract that has low concentration of nuclear proteins by dilution - for obtaining the image.
3. Unfortunately, a testing discount is not possible at the moment for this kind of kits. We offer them for antibodies and proteins as well as ELISA kits. I'm sorry about this.
4. The antibodies are specific to methylated H3 at lysine site 9.
I hope this information is helpful to you. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any more advice or information.
Answered on Jan 25 2012