Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Histone H3 (phospho T6)
- Suitable for: WB, PepArr
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab14102 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 17 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 15 kDa).|
|PepArr||Use a concentration of 0.2 - 0.02 µg/ml.|
FunctionCore component of nucleosome. Nucleosomes wrap and compact DNA into chromatin, limiting DNA accessibility to the cellular machineries which require DNA as a template. Histones thereby play a central role in transcription regulation, DNA repair, DNA replication and chromosomal stability. DNA accessibility is regulated via a complex set of post-translational modifications of histones, also called histone code, and nucleosome remodeling.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone H3 family.
Developmental stageExpressed during S phase, then expression strongly decreases as cell division slows down during the process of differentiation.
modificationsAcetylation is generally linked to gene activation. Acetylation on Lys-10 (H3K9ac) impairs methylation at Arg-9 (H3R8me2s). Acetylation on Lys-19 (H3K18ac) and Lys-24 (H3K24ac) favors methylation at Arg-18 (H3R17me).
Citrullination at Arg-9 (H3R8ci) and/or Arg-18 (H3R17ci) by PADI4 impairs methylation and represses transcription.
Asymmetric dimethylation at Arg-18 (H3R17me2a) by CARM1 is linked to gene activation. Symmetric dimethylation at Arg-9 (H3R8me2s) by PRMT5 is linked to gene repression. Asymmetric dimethylation at Arg-3 (H3R2me2a) by PRMT6 is linked to gene repression and is mutually exclusive with H3 Lys-5 methylation (H3K4me2 and H3K4me3). H3R2me2a is present at the 3' of genes regardless of their transcription state and is enriched on inactive promoters, while it is absent on active promoters.
Methylation at Lys-5 (H3K4me), Lys-37 (H3K36me) and Lys-80 (H3K79me) are linked to gene activation. Methylation at Lys-5 (H3K4me) facilitates subsequent acetylation of H3 and H4. Methylation at Lys-80 (H3K79me) is associated with DNA double-strand break (DSB) responses and is a specific target for TP53BP1. Methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) and Lys-28 (H3K27me) are linked to gene repression. Methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) is a specific target for HP1 proteins (CBX1, CBX3 and CBX5) and prevents subsequent phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) and acetylation of H3 and H4. Methylation at Lys-5 (H3K4me) and Lys-80 (H3K79me) require preliminary monoubiquitination of H2B at 'Lys-120'. Methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) and Lys-28 (H3K27me) are enriched in inactive X chromosome chromatin.
Phosphorylated at Thr-4 (H3T3ph) by GSG2/haspin during prophase and dephosphorylated during anaphase. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) by AURKB is crucial for chromosome condensation and cell-cycle progression during mitosis and meiosis. In addition phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) by RPS6KA4 and RPS6KA5 is important during interphase because it enables the transcription of genes following external stimulation, like mitogens, stress, growth factors or UV irradiation and result in the activation of genes, such as c-fos and c-jun. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph), which is linked to gene activation, prevents methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) but facilitates acetylation of H3 and H4. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) by AURKB mediates the dissociation of HP1 proteins (CBX1, CBX3 and CBX5) from heterochromatin. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) is also an essential regulatory mechanism for neoplastic cell transformation. Phosphorylated at Ser-29 (H3S28ph) by MLTK isoform 1, RPS6KA5 or AURKB during mitosis or upon ultraviolet B irradiation. Phosphorylation at Thr-7 (H3T6ph) by PRKCBB is a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation that prevents demethylation of Lys-5 (H3K4me) by LSD1/KDM1A. At centromeres, specifically phosphorylated at Thr-12 (H3T11ph) from prophase to early anaphase, by DAPK3 and PKN1. Phosphorylation at Thr-12 (H3T11ph) by PKN1 is a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation that promotes demethylation of Lys-10 (H3K9me) by KDM4C/JMJD2C. Phosphorylation at Tyr-42 (H3Y41ph) by JAK2 promotes exclusion of CBX5 (HP1 alpha) from chromatin.
Monoubiquitinated by RAG1 in lymphoid cells, monoubiquitination is required for V(D)J recombination (By similarity). Ubiquitinated by the CUL4-DDB-RBX1 complex in response to ultraviolet irradiation. This may weaken the interaction between histones and DNA and facilitate DNA accessibility to repair proteins.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome.
- Information by UniProt
- H3 histone family member E pseudogene antibody
- H3 histone family, member A antibody
- H3/A antibody
Anti-Histone H3 (phospho T6) antibody (ab14102) at 1 µg + HeLa Histone Preparation Nuclear Lysate - Colcemid-treated at 2.5 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/50000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 15 kDa
Observed band size: 17 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 8 minutes
This blot was produced using a 4-12% Bis-tris gel under the MES buffer system. The gel was run at 200V for 35 minutes before being transferred onto a Nitrocellulose membrane at 30V for 70 minutes. The membrane was then blocked for an hour using 2% Bovine Serum Albumin before being incubated with abX overnight at 4°C. Antibody binding was detected using an anti-rabbit antibody conjugated to HRP, and visualised using ECL development solution ab133406.
All batches of ab14102 are tested in Peptide Array against peptides to different Histone H3 modifications. Six dilutions of each peptide are printed on to the Peptide Array in triplicate and results are averaged before being plotted on to a graph. Results show strong binding to Histone H3 - phospho T6 peptide (ab14103), indicating that this antibody specifically recognises the Histone H3 - phospho T6 modification.
ab7228 - Histone H3 unmodified
ab17578 - Histone H3 - phospho T3
ab14103 - Histone H3 - phospho T6
ab24444 - Histone H3 - phospho T11
ab11477 - Histone H3 - phospho S10
ab32876 - Histone H3 - citrulline 2 + 8 + 17
ab14102 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Karakkat JV et al. The metabolic sensor PASK is a histone 3 kinase that also regulates H3K4 methylation by associating with H3K4 MLL2 methyltransferase complex. Nucleic Acids Res 47:10086-10103 (2019). PubMed: 31529049
- Yang CS et al. The protein kinase C super-family member PKN is regulated by mTOR and influences differentiation during prostate cancer progression. Prostate 77:1452-1467 (2017). PubMed: 28875501
- Gatchalian J et al. Chromatin condensation and recruitment of PHD finger proteins to histone H3K4me3 are mutually exclusive. Nucleic Acids Res 44:6102-12 (2016). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 27016734
- Rothbart SB et al. An Interactive Database for the Assessment of Histone Antibody Specificity. Mol Cell 59:502-11 (2015). PubMed: 26212453
- Pacaud R et al. Histone H3 phosphorylation in GBM: a new rational to guide the use of kinase inhibitors in anti-GBM therapy. Theranostics 5:12-22 (2015). PubMed: 25553095
- Garske AL et al. Combinatorial profiling of chromatin binding modules reveals multisite discrimination. Nat Chem Biol 6:283-90 (2010). PubMed: 20190764
- Metzger E et al. Phosphorylation of histone H3T6 by PKCbeta(I) controls demethylation at histone H3K4. Nature 464:792-6 (2010). WB, IHC-P, ChIP ; Human . PubMed: 20228790
- Hurd PJ et al. Phosphorylation of histone H3 Thr-45 is linked to apoptosis. J Biol Chem 284:16575-83 (2009). WB ; Human . PubMed: 19363025
- Tjeertes JV et al. Screen for DNA-damage-responsive histone modifications identifies H3K9Ac and H3K56Ac in human cells. EMBO J 28:1878-89 (2009). WB ; Human . PubMed: 19407812