Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Histone H3 (tri methyl K9, phospho S10)
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Histone H3 (tri methyl K9, phospho S10) antibody
See all Histone H3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Histone H3 (tri methyl K9, phospho S10)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Histone H3 aa 1-100 (methyl K9, phospho S10) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- HeLa Histone Preparation; Colcemid-treated HeLa histone Preparation; Hela whole cell extract
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Corresponding Unmodified Peptide
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab5819 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 22 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 17 kDa).Can be blocked with Human Histone H3 (tri methyl K9 or phospho S10) peptide (ab15644).|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionCore component of nucleosome. Nucleosomes wrap and compact DNA into chromatin, limiting DNA accessibility to the cellular machineries which require DNA as a template. Histones thereby play a central role in transcription regulation, DNA repair, DNA replication and chromosomal stability. DNA accessibility is regulated via a complex set of post-translational modifications of histones, also called histone code, and nucleosome remodeling.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone H3 family.
Developmental stageExpressed during S phase, then expression strongly decreases as cell division slows down during the process of differentiation.
modificationsAcetylation is generally linked to gene activation. Acetylation on Lys-10 (H3K9ac) impairs methylation at Arg-9 (H3R8me2s). Acetylation on Lys-19 (H3K18ac) and Lys-24 (H3K24ac) favors methylation at Arg-18 (H3R17me).
Citrullination at Arg-9 (H3R8ci) and/or Arg-18 (H3R17ci) by PADI4 impairs methylation and represses transcription.
Asymmetric dimethylation at Arg-18 (H3R17me2a) by CARM1 is linked to gene activation. Symmetric dimethylation at Arg-9 (H3R8me2s) by PRMT5 is linked to gene repression. Asymmetric dimethylation at Arg-3 (H3R2me2a) by PRMT6 is linked to gene repression and is mutually exclusive with H3 Lys-5 methylation (H3K4me2 and H3K4me3). H3R2me2a is present at the 3' of genes regardless of their transcription state and is enriched on inactive promoters, while it is absent on active promoters.
Methylation at Lys-5 (H3K4me), Lys-37 (H3K36me) and Lys-80 (H3K79me) are linked to gene activation. Methylation at Lys-5 (H3K4me) facilitates subsequent acetylation of H3 and H4. Methylation at Lys-80 (H3K79me) is associated with DNA double-strand break (DSB) responses and is a specific target for TP53BP1. Methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) and Lys-28 (H3K27me) are linked to gene repression. Methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) is a specific target for HP1 proteins (CBX1, CBX3 and CBX5) and prevents subsequent phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) and acetylation of H3 and H4. Methylation at Lys-5 (H3K4me) and Lys-80 (H3K79me) require preliminary monoubiquitination of H2B at 'Lys-120'. Methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) and Lys-28 (H3K27me) are enriched in inactive X chromosome chromatin.
Phosphorylated at Thr-4 (H3T3ph) by GSG2/haspin during prophase and dephosphorylated during anaphase. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) by AURKB is crucial for chromosome condensation and cell-cycle progression during mitosis and meiosis. In addition phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) by RPS6KA4 and RPS6KA5 is important during interphase because it enables the transcription of genes following external stimulation, like mitogens, stress, growth factors or UV irradiation and result in the activation of genes, such as c-fos and c-jun. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph), which is linked to gene activation, prevents methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) but facilitates acetylation of H3 and H4. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) by AURKB mediates the dissociation of HP1 proteins (CBX1, CBX3 and CBX5) from heterochromatin. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) is also an essential regulatory mechanism for neoplastic cell transformation. Phosphorylated at Ser-29 (H3S28ph) by MLTK isoform 1, RPS6KA5 or AURKB during mitosis or upon ultraviolet B irradiation. Phosphorylation at Thr-7 (H3T6ph) by PRKCBB is a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation that prevents demethylation of Lys-5 (H3K4me) by LSD1/KDM1A. At centromeres, specifically phosphorylated at Thr-12 (H3T11ph) from prophase to early anaphase, by DAPK3 and PKN1. Phosphorylation at Thr-12 (H3T11ph) by PKN1 is a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation that promotes demethylation of Lys-10 (H3K9me) by KDM4C/JMJD2C. Phosphorylation at Tyr-42 (H3Y41ph) by JAK2 promotes exclusion of CBX5 (HP1 alpha) from chromatin.
Monoubiquitinated by RAG1 in lymphoid cells, monoubiquitination is required for V(D)J recombination (By similarity). Ubiquitinated by the CUL4-DDB-RBX1 complex in response to ultraviolet irradiation. This may weaken the interaction between histones and DNA and facilitate DNA accessibility to repair proteins.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome.
- Information by UniProt
- H3 histone family member E pseudogene antibody
- H3 histone family, member A antibody
- H3/A antibody
Rabbit polyclonal to Histone H3 (phospho S10, tri methyl K9) - ab5819, on histone preparations from HeLa cells. Primary antibody used at 1/500.
Lanes 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 - control HeLa histones (0.5ug/lane)
Lanes 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 - Colcemid-treated HeLa histones (0.5ug/lane)
All blocking peptides are 1ug/lane
Lanes 1 and 2: ab5819
Lanes 3 and 4: ab5819 + Histone H3 (Tri Me K9, phospho S10) peptide - ab15644
Lanes 5 and 6: ab5819 + Histone H3 peptide (unmodified) - ab7228
Lanes 7 and 8: ab5819 + Histone H3 (phospho S10) peptide - ab11477
Lanes 9 and 10: ab5819 + Histone H3 (tri methyl K9) peptide - ab1773
Secondary antibody - Goat polyclonal to rabbit IgG (HRP) - ab6721 1/5000.
ab5819 is specific for Histone H3 phosphorylated at residue S10 and tri methylated at residue K9. The activity of the antibody is blocked by the addition of the immunizing peptide, ab15644 (lanes 3 and 4).<
SKN cells stained with ab5819 (green) at a dilution of 1/2000. The cells were fixed in paraformaldehyde for 10 minutes prior to incubation with ab5819. The DNA is stained with DAPI (blue). 100x magnification.
ab5819 at a 1/500 dilution staining mitotic human HeLa cells by immunocytochemistry. The antibody was incubated with formaldehyde fixed cells for 1 1/2 hours and bound antibody was then detected using a Texas red conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG.
This image is courtesy of an Anonymous Abreview submitted on 6 April 2006.
ab5819 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Rothbart SB et al. An Interactive Database for the Assessment of Histone Antibody Specificity. Mol Cell 59:502-11 (2015). PubMed: 26212453
- Sabbattini P et al. An H3K9/S10 methyl-phospho switch modulates Polycomb and Pol II binding at repressed genes during differentiation. Mol Biol Cell 25:904-15 (2014). ChIP ; Mouse . PubMed: 24430871
- Malik P et al. NET23/STING promotes chromatin compaction from the nuclear envelope. PLoS One 9:e111851 (2014). PubMed: 25386906
- Massa F et al. Hepatocyte nuclear factor 1ß controls nephron tubular development. Development 140:886-96 (2013). Mouse . PubMed: 23362349
- Fazzio TG & Panning B Condensin complexes regulate mitotic progression and interphase chromatin structure in embryonic stem cells. J Cell Biol 188:491-503 (2010). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 20176923
- Pereira CF et al. ESCs require PRC2 to direct the successful reprogramming of differentiated cells toward pluripotency. Cell Stem Cell 6:547-56 (2010). ICC/IF ; Human, Mouse . PubMed: 20569692
- Ferri F et al. Non-coding murine centromeric transcripts associate with and potentiate Aurora B kinase. Nucleic Acids Res 37:5071-80 (2009). ChIP ; Mouse . PubMed: 19542185
- Meglicki M et al. Constitutive heterochromatin during mouse oogenesis: the pattern of histone H3 modifications and localization of HP1alpha and HP1beta proteins. Mol Reprod Dev 75:414-28 (2008). IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 17891782
- Sabbattini P et al. A novel role for the Aurora B kinase in epigenetic marking of silent chromatin in differentiated postmitotic cells. EMBO J 26:4657-69 (2007). ChIP . PubMed: 17948062