Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Histone H4 (acetyl K91) - ChIP Grade
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB, ChIP
- Reacts with: Mouse, Cow, Human, Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Histone H4 (acetyl K91) antibody - ChIP Grade
See all Histone H4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Histone H4 (acetyl K91) - ChIP Grade
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WB, ChIPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Cow, Human, Saccharomyces cerevisiae
Predicted to work with: Rat, Chicken, Pig, Xenopus laevis, Caenorhabditis elegans, Drosophila melanogaster, Duck
- Calf thymus histone prep. IHC-P: Human normal colon FFPE tissue sections.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab4627 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 11 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 12 kDa).|
|ChIP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionCore component of nucleosome. Nucleosomes wrap and compact DNA into chromatin, limiting DNA accessibility to the cellular machineries which require DNA as a template. Histones thereby play a central role in transcription regulation, DNA repair, DNA replication and chromosomal stability. DNA accessibility is regulated via a complex set of post-translational modifications of histones, also called histone code, and nucleosome remodeling.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone H4 family.
modificationsAcetylation at Lys-6 (H4K5ac), Lys-9 (H4K8ac), Lys-13 (H4K12ac) and Lys-17 (H4K16ac) occurs in coding regions of the genome but not in heterochromatin.
Citrullination at Arg-4 (H4R3ci) by PADI4 impairs methylation.
Monomethylation and asymmetric dimethylation at Arg-4 (H4R3me1 and H4R3me2a, respectively) by PRMT1 favors acetylation at Lys-9 (H4K8ac) and Lys-13 (H4K12ac). Demethylation is performed by JMJD6. Symmetric dimethylation on Arg-4 (H4R3me2s) by the PRDM1/PRMT5 complex may play a crucial role in the germ-cell lineage.
Monomethylated, dimethylated or trimethylated at Lys-21 (H4K20me1, H4K20me2, H4K20me3). Monomethylation is performed by SET8. Trimethylation is performed by SUV420H1 and SUV420H2 and induces gene silencing.
Ubiquitinated by the CUL4-DDB-RBX1 complex in response to ultraviolet irradiation. This may weaken the interaction between histones and DNA and facilitate DNA accessibility to repair proteins. Monoubiquitinated at Lys-92 of histone H4 (H4K91ub1) in response to DNA damage. The exact role of H4K91ub1 in DNA damage response is still unclear but it may function as a licensing signal for additional histone H4 post-translational modifications such as H4 Lys-21 methylation (H4K20me).
Sumoylated, which is associated with transcriptional repression.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome.
- Information by UniProt
- Entrez Gene: 318846 Drosophila melanogaster
- Entrez Gene: 3771854 Drosophila melanogaster
- Entrez Gene: 3771893 Drosophila melanogaster
- Entrez Gene: 3771908 Drosophila melanogaster
- Entrez Gene: 3771935 Drosophila melanogaster
- Entrez Gene: 3771938 Drosophila melanogaster
- Entrez Gene: 3771941 Drosophila melanogaster
- Entrez Gene: 3771947 Drosophila melanogaster
- dJ160A22.1 antibody
- dJ160A22.2 antibody
- dJ221C16.1 antibody
Chromatin was prepared from U2OS cells according to the Abcam X-ChIP protocol. Cells were fixed with formaldehyde for 10 min. The ChIP was performed with 25 µg of chromatin, 2 µg of ab4627 (blue), and 20 µl of Protein A/G sepharose beads. No antibody was added to the beads control (yellow). The immunoprecipitated DNA was quantified by real time PCR (Taqman approach for active and inactive loci, Sybr green approach for heterochromatic loci). Primers and probes are located in the first kb of the transcribed region.
IHC image of ab4627 staining Histone H2A.X in human colon formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue sections, performed on a Leica Bond. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab4627, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX. No primary antibody was used in the negative control (shown on the inset).
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
Lanes 1 & 3 : Anti-Histone H4 (acetyl K91) antibody - ChIP Grade (ab4627) at 1/500 dilution
Lanes 2 & 4 : Anti-Histone H4 (acetyl K91) antibody - ChIP Grade (ab4627) at 1/1000 dilution
Lanes 1-2 : Calf thymus histone prep.
Lanes 3-4 : Calf thymus histone prep. with Human Histone H4 (acetyl K91) peptide (ab10112) at 2 µg
Lysates/proteins at 1 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab6721) at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 12 kDa
Rabbit polyclonal to Histone H4 acetyl K91 (ab4627). All lanes contain 1ug of calf thymus Histone prep.
Secondary antibody: Goat anti-rabbit (HRP) - ab6721 at 1/2000Predicted Molecular weight11KDa
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab4627 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Getun IV et al. Functional Roles of Acetylated Histone Marks at Mouse Meiotic Recombination Hot Spots. Mol Cell Biol 37:N/A (2017). PubMed: 27821479
- Kieffer-Kwon KR et al. Myc Regulates Chromatin Decompaction and Nuclear Architecture during B Cell Activation. Mol Cell 67:566-578.e10 (2017). PubMed: 28803781
- Yang X et al. Histone acetyltransferase 1 promotes homologous recombination in DNA repair by facilitating histone turnover. J Biol Chem 288:18271-82 (2013). Human . PubMed: 23653357
- Singh P et al. Allele-specific H3K79 Di- versus trimethylation distinguishes opposite parental alleles at imprinted regions. Mol Cell Biol 30:2693-707 (2010). PubMed: 20351169
- Gatta R & Mantovani R Single nucleosome ChIPs identify an extensive switch of acetyl marks on cell cycle promoters. Cell Cycle 9: (2010). ChIP ; Human . PubMed: 20505338