Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Histone H4 (mono methyl R3)
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF, PepArr
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Histone H4 (mono methyl R3) antibody
See all Histone H4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Histone H4 (mono methyl R3)
Specificityab17339 detects a 14 kDa band in single lane Western Blot. Peptide inhibition in Western Blot hasn't been processed. Modification specificity is determined by Peptide Array. ab17339 binds strongly to the Histone H4 mono methyl R3 peptide.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF, PepArrmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Pig
Synthetic peptide within Human Histone H4 aa 1-100 (N terminal) (mono methyl R3) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin. The exact sequence is proprietary.
(Peptide available as
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab17339 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 14 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 15 kDa).|
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|PepArr||Use a concentration of 0.2 - 0.02 µg/ml.|
FunctionCore component of nucleosome. Nucleosomes wrap and compact DNA into chromatin, limiting DNA accessibility to the cellular machineries which require DNA as a template. Histones thereby play a central role in transcription regulation, DNA repair, DNA replication and chromosomal stability. DNA accessibility is regulated via a complex set of post-translational modifications of histones, also called histone code, and nucleosome remodeling.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone H4 family.
modificationsAcetylation at Lys-6 (H4K5ac), Lys-9 (H4K8ac), Lys-13 (H4K12ac) and Lys-17 (H4K16ac) occurs in coding regions of the genome but not in heterochromatin.
Citrullination at Arg-4 (H4R3ci) by PADI4 impairs methylation.
Monomethylation and asymmetric dimethylation at Arg-4 (H4R3me1 and H4R3me2a, respectively) by PRMT1 favors acetylation at Lys-9 (H4K8ac) and Lys-13 (H4K12ac). Demethylation is performed by JMJD6. Symmetric dimethylation on Arg-4 (H4R3me2s) by the PRDM1/PRMT5 complex may play a crucial role in the germ-cell lineage.
Monomethylated, dimethylated or trimethylated at Lys-21 (H4K20me1, H4K20me2, H4K20me3). Monomethylation is performed by SET8. Trimethylation is performed by SUV420H1 and SUV420H2 and induces gene silencing.
Ubiquitinated by the CUL4-DDB-RBX1 complex in response to ultraviolet irradiation. This may weaken the interaction between histones and DNA and facilitate DNA accessibility to repair proteins. Monoubiquitinated at Lys-92 of histone H4 (H4K91ub1) in response to DNA damage. The exact role of H4K91ub1 in DNA damage response is still unclear but it may function as a licensing signal for additional histone H4 post-translational modifications such as H4 Lys-21 methylation (H4K20me).
Sumoylated, which is associated with transcriptional repression.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome.
- Information by UniProt
- dJ160A22.1 antibody
- dJ160A22.2 antibody
- dJ221C16.1 antibody
Anti-Histone H4 (mono methyl R3) antibody (ab17339) at 1 µg/ml + HL60 (Human promyelocytic leukemia cell line) Whole Cell Lysate at 10 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/10000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 15 kDa
Observed band size: 14 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
All batches of ab17339 are tested in Peptide Array against peptides to different Histone H4 modifications. Six dilutions of each peptide are printed on to the Peptide Array in triplicate and results are averaged before being plotted on to a graph. Results show strong binding to Histone H4 - mono methyl R3 peptide (ab17770), indicating that this antibody specifically recognises the Histone H4 - mono methyl R3 modification.
ab17770 - Histone H4 - mono methyl R3
ab15821 - Histone H4 - unmodified
ICC/IF image of ab17339 stained human HepG2 cells. The cells were PFA fixed (10 min), permabilised in 0.1% PBS-Tween (20 min) and incubated with the antibody (ab17339, 1µg/ml) for 1h at room temperature. 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine was used to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red). DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue).
ab17339 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Demetriadou C et al. NAA40 contributes to colorectal cancer growth by controlling PRMT5 expression. Cell Death Dis 10:236 (2019). PubMed: 30858358
- Liu M et al. Characterization of protein arginine methyltransferase of TgPRMT5 in Toxoplasma gondii. Parasit Vectors 12:221 (2019). PubMed: 31068219
- Zhang H et al. Aspirin Inhibits Natural Killer/T-Cell Lymphoma by Modulation of VEGF Expression and Mitochondrial Function. Front Oncol 8:679 (2018). PubMed: 30693272
- Fan L et al. PADI4 Epigenetically Suppresses p21 Transcription and Inhibits Cell Apoptosis in Fibroblast-like Synoviocytes from Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients. Int J Biol Sci 13:358-366 (2017). WB ; Human . PubMed: 28367100
- Lozano-Amado D et al. Identification of repressive and active epigenetic marks and nuclear bodies in Entamoeba histolytica. Parasit Vectors 9:19 (2016). WB, IF . PubMed: 26767976
- Wang C et al. Structural determinants for the strict monomethylation activity by trypanosoma brucei protein arginine methyltransferase 7. Structure 22:756-68 (2014). PubMed: 24726341
- Schiza V et al. N-alpha-terminal acetylation of histone H4 regulates arginine methylation and ribosomal DNA silencing. PLoS Genet 9:e1003805 (2013). PubMed: 24068969
- Tanikawa C et al. Regulation of histone modification and chromatin structure by the p53-PADI4 pathway. Nat Commun 3:676 (2012). PubMed: 22334079
- Liu BL et al. Global histone modification patterns as prognostic markers to classify glioma patients. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:2888-96 (2010). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 20978174
- Chang B et al. JMJD6 is a histone arginine demethylase. Science 318:444-7 (2007). WB ; Human . PubMed: 17947579