Key features and details
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Platform: Microplate reader
- Assay time: 2 hr 30 min
- Sample type: Adherent cells, Suspension cells, Tissue
- Sensitivity: 2 ng/well
Product nameHistone H4 Total Acetylation Assay Kit (Colorimetric)
See all Histone H4 acetylation kits
Sample typeTissue, Adherent cells, Suspension cells
Range5 ng/well - 2000 ng/well
Assay time2h 30m
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Mammals
Acetylation of histones such histone H4 has been involved in the regulation of chromatin structure and the recruitment of transcription factors to gene promoters. HATs (histone acetyltransferases) and HDACs (histone deacetylases) play a critical role in controlling histone H4 acetylation. Reversible acetylation of nucleosomal histone H4 is believed to correlate with potential transcriptional activity of eukaryotic chromatin domains. The reversible lysine acetylation of histone H4 may play a vital role in the regulation of many cellular processes including chromatin dynamics and transcription, gene silencing, cell cycle progression, apoptosis, differentiation, DNA replication and repair, nuclear import and neuronal repression.
Histone H4 Total Acetylation Detection Fast Kit (Colorimetric) enables the user to colorimetrically detect and quantify if histone H4 is acetylated. The kit is ready-to-use and provides all the essential components needed to carry out a successful assay experiment. Histone H4 Total Acetylation Detection Fast Kit (Colorimetric) is suitable for specifically measuring total histone H4 acetylation using a variety of mammalian cells including fresh and frozen tissues, and cultured adherent and suspension cells.
Storage instructionsPlease refer to protocols.
Components 48 tests 96 tests 10X Wash Buffer 1 x 10ml 1 x 20ml 8-Well Sample Strips (with Frame) 4 units 9 units 8-Well Standard Control Strips 2 units 3 units Antibody Buffer 1 x 6ml 1 x 12ml Color Developer 1 x 5ml 1 x 10ml Detection Antibody, 1 mg/ml 1 x 5µl 1 x 10µl Signal Enhancer 1 x 120µl 1 x 240µl Signal Report Solution 1 x 5µl 1 x 10µl Standard Control (100 µg/ml) 1 x 10µl 1 x 20µl Stop Solution 1 x 3ml 1 x 6ml
ab115125 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Casati L et al. Food for Bone: Evidence for a Role for Delta-Tocotrienol in the Physiological Control of Osteoblast Migration. Int J Mol Sci 21:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32629979
- Zhang D et al. miR-185 mediates lung epithelial cell death after oxidative stress. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 310:L700-10 (2016). PubMed: 26747785
- Kocic G et al. Global and specific histone acetylation pattern in patients with Balkan endemic nephropathy, a worldwide disease. Ren Fail 36:1078-82 (2014). Functional Studies ; Human . PubMed: 24845033