Key features and details
- Assay type: Quantitative
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Platform: Microplate reader
- Assay time: 3 hr 30 min
- Sample type: Cell culture extracts, Nuclear Extracts, Tissue Extracts
- Sensitivity: 0.5 ng/well
Product nameHistone H4 Total Quantification Kit (Colorimetric)
See all Histone H4 kits
Sample typeCell culture extracts, Tissue Extracts, Nuclear Extracts
Sensitivity>= 0.5 ng/well
Range50 ng - 1000 ng
Assay time3h 30m
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Abcam's Histone H4 Total Quantification Kit (Colorimetric) is a complete set of essential components which enables an experimenter to colorimetrically quantify levels of histone H4 proteins independent of their modified states. It can also be used for normalizing the modified histone H4 content of samples when run in parallel with Abcam's histone modification quantification kit series.
The kit is suitable for specifically measuring total histone H4 using human, mouse, and rat samples, including fresh and frozen tissues and cultured adherent and suspension cells.
Storage instructionsPlease refer to protocols.
Components 48 tests 96 tests 1000X Capture Antibody 1 x 5µl 1 x 10µl 10X Wash Buffer 1 x 14ml 1 x 28ml 2000X Signal Reporter 1 x 6µl 1 x 12µl 8-Well Assay Strips (with Frame) 1 x 6 units 1 x 12 units Color Developer 1 x 5ml 1 x 10ml Enhancer Solution 1 x 6µl 1 x 12µl Histone Assay Buffer 1 x 4ml 1 x 8ml Standard Control, 100 µg/mL 1 x 10µl 1 x 20µl Stop Solution 1 x 5ml 1 x 10ml
RelevanceCore component of nucleosome. Nucleosomes wrap and compact DNA into chromatin, limiting DNA accessibility to the cellular machineries which require DNA as a template. Histones thereby play a central role in transcription regulation, DNA repair, DNA replication and chromosomal stability. DNA accessibility is regulated via a complex set of post-translational modifications of histones, also called histone code, and nucleosome remodeling.
- Histone Extraction Kit (ab113476)
- Histone H3 Total Quantification Kit (Colorimetric) (ab115091)
- Histone H4 (acetyl K5) Quantification Kit (Fluorometric) (ab115117)
- Histone H4 (acetyl K8) Quantification Kit (Colorimetric) (ab115118)
- Histone H4 (acetyl K8) Quantification Kit (Fluorometric) (ab115119)
- Histone H4 (acetyl K16) Quantification Kit (Colorimetric) (ab115120)
- Histone H4 (acetyl K16) Quantification Kit (Fluorometric) (ab115121)
- Histone H4 (acetyl K12) Quantification Kit (Colorimetric) (ab115122)
- Histone H4 (acetyl K12) Quantification Kit (Fluorometric) (ab115123)
Total H4 per mg of extracted histones from HeLa control cells (C) or cells treated with 10 micromolar sodium butyrate (But) (extracted using ab113476; 50-500 ng per well) (duplicates +/- SD).
Total H4 per mg of extracted histones from murine tissue preparations (extracted using ab113476; 50-500 ng per well) (duplicates +/- SD).
Standard curve with background signal subtracted (duplicates; +/- SD).
Histone nuclear extracts were prepared from MDA-231 cells using the Histone Extraction Kit (ab113476) and the ODs generated from Histone H4 are measured.
Figure 1. Illustrated standard curve generated with H4 standard.
ab156909 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.