Product nameHistoReveal (15ml)
Proteolytic antigen retrieval (PIER) reagent HistoReveal (ab103720). Superior staining to conventional enzymes (eg. trypsin). Only 5 min incubation. Single stable solution, designed to unmask immunoreactive sites altered by fixation and/or the embedding process.
The most commonly used tissue fixatives are aldehydes, such as formalin, which work by protein crosss-linking. Proper fixation of a specimen prevents antigen from being washed out and is a critical aspect of successful IHC staining. Cross-linking can mask antigens, preventing primary antibodies from binding, thus yielding weak staining or false negative results. Immunoglobulins are especially susceptible to formalin fixation.
Treatment with a proteolytic enzyme is required to digest excess aldehyde linkages and expose the antigen. HistoReveal is a proteolytic enzyme solution that can be used in place of traditionally used enzyme pretreatments, such as pepsin or trypsin, and results in superior staining. Unlike other enzymes, HistoReveal is gentle on tissue and does not destroy morphology.
Moreover HistoReveal requires only a brief incubation at room temperature. Performing antigen recovery with HistoReveal will allow you to dilute the primary antibody 5 to 10 fold further and achieve optimal staining.
- Deparaffinize tissue sections and bring them into buffer.
- Remove excess buffer from slides without letting tissue dry.
- Depending on tissue section, add 1 or 2 drops of HistoReveal.
- Incubate slides for 5 minutes at room temperature.
- Wash slides with buffer and proceed with immunostaining.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
Storage bufferAqueous stabilized enzyme in buffer(non hazardous)
Concentration information loading...
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab103720 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Watt J et al. Thrombomodulin Expression in Bladder Cancer Tissue and Its Association with Prognosis and Patient Survival. Res Rep Urol 12:157-165 (2020). PubMed: 32432058
- Pérez-Martínez PI et al. Anti-inflammatory effect of omega unsaturated fatty acids and dialysable leucocyte extracts on collagen-induced arthritis in DBA/1 mice. Int J Exp Pathol 101:55-64 (2020). PubMed: 32459025
- Linkous A et al. Modeling Patient-Derived Glioblastoma with Cerebral Organoids. Cell Rep 26:3203-3211.e5 (2019). PubMed: 30893594
- Medjeral-Thomas NR et al. Glomerular Complement Factor H-Related Protein 5 (FHR5) Is Highly Prevalent in C3 Glomerulopathy and Associated With Renal Impairment. Kidney Int Rep 4:1387-1400 (2019). PubMed: 31701048
- Sung CK et al. A mouse polyomavirus-encoded microRNA targets the cellular apoptosis pathway through Smad2 inhibition. Virology 468-470C:57-62 (2014). PubMed: 25146733