Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [3D12] to HIV1 Nef
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, ELISA, WB
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-HIV1 Nef antibody [3D12]
See all HIV1 Nef primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [3D12] to HIV1 Nef
SpecificityThis antibody reacts with the rNEF of HIV 1 subtype B and C,
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, ELISA, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Other species
Recombinant Nef protein of HIV1 HXB2.
EpitopeMapped to amino acids 35-50 (RDLEKHGAITSSNTAA - HIV1 HXB2)
General notesAlso known as clone 01-002.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Purification notesPurified by affinty chromatography.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab42355 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||1/500. Predicted molecular weight: 24 kDa.|
RelevanceNef is a early protein that appears to play a role in optimizing the host cell environment for viral replication without causing cell death by apoptosis. Nef enhances virus infectivity and pathogenicity. It down modulates surface MHC I molecules and internalized molecules are sequested to the trans-Golgi network. The number of cell surface CD4 antigen are decreased by interacting with the Src family kinase LCK thereby inducing LCK CD4 dissociation and by increasing clathrin-dependent endocytosis of this antigen to target it to lysosomal degradation.
- C terminal core protein antibody
- F protein antibody
- Nef antibody
ab42355 has been referenced in 15 publications.
- Kumar P et al. HIV-1 Nef physically associate with CAMKIId - ASK-1 complex to inhibit p38MAPK signalling and apoptosis in infected cells. Life Sci 224:263-273 (2019). PubMed: 30902545
- Kumari S et al. HIV-1 Nef-GCC185 interaction regulates assembly of cellular protein complexes at TGN targeting MHC-I downregulation. Life Sci N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30953643
- Sithole N et al. DDX17 Specifically, and Independently of DDX5, Controls Use of the HIV A4/5 Splice Acceptor Cluster and Is Essential for Efficient Replication of HIV. J Mol Biol 430:3111-3128 (2018). PubMed: 30131116
- Zhou F et al. HIV-1 Nef-induced lncRNA AK006025 regulates CXCL9/10/11 cluster gene expression in astrocytes through interaction with CBP/P300. J Neuroinflammation 15:303 (2018). PubMed: 30382871
- Mbonye U et al. Cyclin-dependent kinase 7 (CDK7)-mediated phosphorylation of the CDK9 activation loop promotes P-TEFb assembly with Tat and proviral HIV reactivation. J Biol Chem 293:10009-10025 (2018). PubMed: 29743242