Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [3F2] to HIV1 Nef
- Suitable for: ELISA, WB, Radioimmunoprecipitation
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-HIV1 Nef antibody [3F2]
See all HIV1 Nef primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [3F2] to HIV1 Nef
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, WB, Radioimmunoprecipitationmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Other species
Recombinant full length protein
EpitopeMapped to amino acids 31-35 (GAASR, HIV-1 HxB2).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab25866 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 23 kDa.|
|Radioimmunoprecipitation||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
RelevanceNef is a early protein that appears to play a role in optimizing the host cell environment for viral replication without causing cell death by apoptosis. Nef enhances virus infectivity and pathogenicity. It down modulates surface MHC I molecules and internalized molecules are sequested to the trans-Golgi network. The number of cell surface CD4 antigen are decreased by interacting with the Src family kinase LCK thereby inducing LCK CD4 dissociation and by increasing clathrin-dependent endocytosis of this antigen to target it to lysosomal degradation.
- C terminal core protein antibody
- F protein antibody
- Nef antibody
ab25866 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Kjerrström A et al. Interactions of single and combined human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) DNA vaccines. Virology 284:46-61 (2001). PubMed: 11352667
- Collings A et al. Humoral and cellular immune responses to HIV-1 nef in mice DNA-immunised with non-replicating or self-replicating expression vectors. Vaccine 18:460-7 (1999). PubMed: 10519935
- Ranki A et al. Abundant expression of HIV Nef and Rev proteins in brain astrocytes in vivo is associated with dementia. AIDS 9:1001-8 (1995). PubMed: 8527071
- Saito Y et al. Overexpression of nef as a marker for restricted HIV-1 infection of astrocytes in postmortem pediatric central nervous tissues. Neurology 44:474-81 (1994). PubMed: 8145918
- Ovod V et al. Immunological variation and immunohistochemical localization of HIV-1 Nef demonstrated with monoclonal antibodies. AIDS 6:25-34 (1992). PubMed: 1371924
- Zsolnai B et al. Effects of beta 2-adrenergic stimulants on the progesterone and oestradiol-17 beta serum levels in pseudopregnant rats. Acta Physiol Hung 77:7-11 (1991). PubMed: 1683091