Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [JR6] to HIV1 Nef
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-HIV1 Nef antibody [JR6]
See all HIV1 Nef primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [JR6] to HIV1 Nef
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISA, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Other species
Recombinant Nef protein of HIV1 (B subtype consensus).
EpitopeMapped to amino acids 195-205 (ARELHPEYYKD - B subtype consensus)
General notesAlso known as clone 01-009.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Purification notesIgG fraction, purified by affinty chromatography.
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab42358 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
RipA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
WB: 1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 24 kDa.
Titer in ELISA/WB using rNEF of HIV 1 Subtype A.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
RelevanceNef is a early protein that appears to play a role in optimizing the host cell environment for viral replication without causing cell death by apoptosis. Nef enhances virus infectivity and pathogenicity. It down modulates surface MHC I molecules and internalized molecules are sequested to the trans-Golgi network. The number of cell surface CD4 antigen are decreased by interacting with the Src family kinase LCK thereby inducing LCK CD4 dissociation and by increasing clathrin-dependent endocytosis of this antigen to target it to lysosomal degradation.
- C terminal core protein antibody
- F protein antibody
- Nef antibody
ab42358 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Zhang HG et al. Ubiquitin E3 Ligase c-Cbl Is a Host Negative Regulator of Nef Protein of HIV-1. Front Microbiol 11:597972 (2020). PubMed: 33329486
- Lee JH et al. HIV Activates the Tyrosine Kinase Hck to Secrete ADAM Protease-Containing Extracellular Vesicles. EBioMedicine 28:151-161 (2018). PubMed: 29331674
- Lee JH et al. HIV-Nef and ADAM17-Containing Plasma Extracellular Vesicles Induce and Correlate with Immune Pathogenesis in Chronic HIV Infection. EBioMedicine 6:103-113 (2016). PubMed: 27211553
- Lee JH et al. HIV Nef, paxillin, and Pak1/2 regulate activation and secretion of TACE/ADAM10 proteases. Mol Cell 49:668-79 (2013). PubMed: 23317503
- Kjerrström A et al. Interactions of single and combined human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) DNA vaccines. Virology 284:46-61 (2001). PubMed: 11352667
- Collings A et al. Humoral and cellular immune responses to HIV-1 nef in mice DNA-immunised with non-replicating or self-replicating expression vectors. Vaccine 18:460-7 (1999). PubMed: 10519935
- Ranki A et al. Abundant expression of HIV Nef and Rev proteins in brain astrocytes in vivo is associated with dementia. AIDS 9:1001-8 (1995). PubMed: 8527071
- Saito Y et al. Overexpression of nef as a marker for restricted HIV-1 infection of astrocytes in postmortem pediatric central nervous tissues. Neurology 44:474-81 (1994). PubMed: 8145918
- Ovod V et al. Immunological variation and immunohistochemical localization of HIV-1 Nef demonstrated with monoclonal antibodies. AIDS 6:25-34 (1992). PubMed: 1371924
- Zsolnai B et al. Effects of beta 2-adrenergic stimulants on the progesterone and oestradiol-17 beta serum levels in pseudopregnant rats. Acta Physiol Hung 77:7-11 (1991). PubMed: 1683091