Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to HIV1 p24
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA
- Reacts with: Species independent
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-HIV1 p24 antibody
See all HIV1 p24 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to HIV1 p24
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
Recombinant p24 protein over-expressed in E.coli using a plasmid carrying the Gag p24 coding region of HIV1 virus, subtype B.
- Extract of MT4 cells infected with HIV-1 (LAI strain).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 6
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab63913 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2500. Detects a band of approximately 24 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 24 kDa).|
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
RelevanceHIV1 performs highly complex orchestrated tasks during the assembly, budding, maturation and infection stages of the viral replication cycle. During viral assembly, the proteins form membrane associations and self-associations that ultimately result in budding of an immature virion from the infected cell. Gag precursors also function during viral assembly to selectively bind and package two plus strands of genomic RNA. Capsid protein p24 probably forms the conical core of the virus that encapsulates the genomic RNA-nucleocapsid complex.
- CA antibody
- Capsid protein p24 antibody
- HIV-1 Gag p24 antibody
All lanes : Anti-HIV1 p24 antibody (ab63913) at 1/2500 dilution
Lane 1 : Extract of MT4 cells
Lane 2 : Extract of MT4 cells infected with HIV-1 (LAI strain)
Predicted band size: 24 kDa
Observed band size: 24 kDa
Bands at 41 and 55 kDa are also observed corresponding to HIV-p24 precursor proteins p41 and p55.
ab63913 has been referenced in 13 publications.
- Karadsheh R et al. Composition and Orientation of the Core Region of Novel HIV-1 Entry Inhibitors Influences Metabolic Stability. Molecules 25:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32245167
- Meuser ME et al. Field-Based Affinity Optimization of a Novel Azabicyclohexane Scaffold HIV-1 Entry Inhibitor. Molecules 24:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31013646
- Ruscic J et al. Lentiviral Vector Purification Using Nanofiber Ion-Exchange Chromatography. Mol Ther Methods Clin Dev 15:52-62 (2019). PubMed: 31649955
- Tan S et al. A Novel CXCR4 Targeting Protein SDF-1/54 as an HIV-1 Entry Inhibitor. Viruses 11:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31540474
- Parajuli B et al. Restricted HIV-1 Env glycan engagement by lectin-reengineered DAVEI protein chimera is sufficient for lytic inactivation of the virus. Biochem J 475:931-957 (2018). PubMed: 29343613