Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to HIV1 tat - ChIP Grade
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr, ChIP, CHIPseq, WB, ELISA
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-HIV1 tat antibody - ChIP Grade
See all HIV1 tat primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to HIV1 tat - ChIP Grade
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Fr, ChIP, CHIPseq, WB, ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Other species
Recombinant full length protein expressed in E.coli.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab43014 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 20651230|
|ChIP||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 22073215|
|CHIPseq||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 22073215|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 14 kDa.|
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
RelevanceHIV1 tat (Transactivator of Transcription) protein is a pleiotropic factor that induces a broad range of biological effects in numerous cell types. At the HIV promoter, tat is a powerful transactivator of gene expression which acts by inducing chromatin remodeling and by recruiting elongation-competent transcriptional complexes on to the viral LTR.
Cellular localizationNuclear. Upon stimulation with EDN1, it is exported from the nucleus to the perinuclear region.
- p14 antibody
- Protein Tat antibody
- Transactivating regulatory protein antibody
All lanes : Anti-HIV1 tat antibody - ChIP Grade (ab43014) at 1/2000 dilution
Lane 1 : Jurkat whole cell lysate 0 hours after infection
Lane 2 : Jurkat whole cell lysate 2 hours after infection
Lane 3 : Jurkat whole cell lysate 4 hours after infection
Lane 4 : Jurkat whole cell lysate 6 hours after infection
Lane 5 : Jurkat whole cell lysate 8 hours after infection
Lane 6 : Jurkat whole cell lysate 10 hours after infection
Lysates/proteins at 25 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP Goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal at 1/10000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 14 kDa
Observed band size: 14 kDa
Jurkat cells were pNL4.3 infected and samples taken at 2 hour intervals for blotting.
Immunohistochemical analysis of normal mouse brain, labeling HIV1 tat with ab43014. Samples were fixed in 4% paraformaldehyde overnight, cryoprotected in 30% sucrose and frozen at -80°C. 10µm thick frozen coronal sections were blocked in 5% fetal bovine serum, 1% Triton X-100, 0.5% Tween 20 and 1% skim milk in PBS for 2 hours at RT. Samples were incubated with ab43014 overnight at 4°C, and an alexa fluor conjugated secondary antibody for 2 hours at RT.
ab43014 has been referenced in 15 publications.
- Su P et al. Disruption of SynGAP-dopamine D1 receptor complexes alters actin and microtubule dynamics and impairs GABAergic interneuron migration. Sci Signal 12:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31387938
- Kyei GB et al. Splicing Factor 3B Subunit 1 Interacts with HIV Tat and Plays a Role in Viral Transcription and Reactivation from Latency. MBio 9:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30401776
- Lee FH et al. Disrupting GluA2-GAPDH Interaction Affects Axon and Dendrite Development. Sci Rep 6:30458 (2016). IHC-Fr, IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 27461448
- Romani B et al. HIV-1 Vpr reactivates latent HIV-1 provirus by inducing depletion of class I HDACs on chromatin. Sci Rep 6:31924 (2016). PubMed: 27550312
- Reeder JE et al. HIV Tat controls RNA Polymerase II and the epigenetic landscape to transcriptionally reprogram target immune cells. Elife 4:N/A (2015). WB, ChIP . PubMed: 26488441