Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal  to HIV1 Vif
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-HIV1 Vif antibody 
DescriptionMouse monoclonal  to HIV1 Vif
Specificityab66643 is specific for bacterial HIV1 Vif protein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Other species
Bacterially expressed, hexahistidine amino-terminal tagged HIV1 Vif protein (clade B, HXB-3 isolate).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab66643 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 23 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
RelevanceHIV1 Vif (viral infectivity factor), supports productive viral replication in non-permissive cells, such as peripheral blood lymphocytes. It functions by inactivating a cellular anti-viral factor named APOBEC3G. Vif binds viral RNA and affects the stability of viral nucleoprotein core. May play a role in viral morphology. Interacts with host ABCE1, which seems to be involved in lentiviruses capsid formation and displays RNase L inhibitor activity. This interaction may play a role in protecting viral RNA from damage during viral assembly.
- SOR protein antibody
- Virion infectivity factor antibody
ab66643 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Gargan S et al. HIV-1 Promotes the Degradation of Components of the Type 1 IFN JAK/STAT Pathway and Blocks Anti-viral ISG Induction. EBioMedicine 30:203-216 (2018). WB . PubMed: 29580840
- Chen H et al. Anti-HIV Activities and Mechanism of 12-O-Tricosanoylphorbol-20-acetate, a Novel Phorbol Ester from Ostodes katharinae. Molecules 22:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28885587
- Desimmie BA et al. Identification of a tripartite interaction between the N-terminus of HIV-1 Vif and CBFß that is critical for Vif function. Retrovirology 14:19 (2017). PubMed: 28302150
- Brillen AL et al. Analysis of Competing HIV-1 Splice Donor Sites Uncovers a Tight Cluster of Splicing Regulatory Elements within Exon 2/2b. J Virol 91:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28446664
- Nomaguchi M et al. Production of HIV-1vifmRNA Is Modulated by Natural Nucleotide Variations and SLSA1 RNA Structure in SA1D2prox Genomic Region. Front Microbiol 8:2542 (2017). PubMed: 29326677
- Nakashima M et al. Structural Insights into HIV-1 Vif-APOBEC3F Interaction. J Virol 90:1034-47 (2015). PubMed: 26537685
- Widera M et al. A functional conserved intronic G run in HIV-1 intron 3 is critical to counteract APOBEC3G-mediated host restriction. Retrovirology 11:72 (2014). WB . PubMed: 25169827