Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [BB7.2] to HLA A2
- Suitable for: IP, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG2b
Product nameAnti-HLA A2 antibody [BB7.2]
See all HLA A2 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [BB7.2] to HLA A2
SpecificityThis product has been purified from tissue culture supernatant.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IP, Flow Cytmore details
Unsuitable for: WB
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
HLA-A2 solubilised by papain
EpitopeThe C-terminus of alpha-2 helix and a turn on one of the underlying beta strands.
This product was changed from ascites to tissue culture supernatant on 24th January 2018. Please note that the dilutions may need to be adjusted accordingly. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our scientific support team.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Purification notesThis product has been purified from tissue culture supernatant. Purity >95% by SDS-PAGE.
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab74674 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Flow Cyt||Use 2µg for 106 cells.
ab170192 - Mouse monoclonal IgG2b, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
RelevanceInvolved in the presentation of foreign antigens to the immune system. Dimer of alpha chain and a beta chain (beta-2-microglobulin). Interacts with human herpesvirus 8 MIR1 protein.
Cellular localizationMembrane; Single-pass type I membrane protein.
- Antigen presenting molecule antibody
- HLA A antibody
- HLA A histocompatibility type antibody
Flow cytometry of human peripheral blood cells with ab74674 at 2 µg/ml
Overlay histogram showing Raji cells stained with ab74674 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab74674, 2µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG2b [PLPV219] (ab91366, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive result in 80% methanol (5 min) fixed Raji cells used under the same conditions.
Please note that Abcam do not have any data for use of this antibody on non-fixed cells. We welcome any customer feedback.
ab74674 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Pearson CS et al. Identification of a critical sulfation in chondroitin that inhibits axonal regeneration. Elife 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29762123
- Li D et al. Development of a T-cell Receptor Mimic Antibody against Wild-Type p53 for Cancer Immunotherapy. Cancer Res 77:2699-2711 (2017). PubMed: 28363997
- Shafaie S et al. Influence of surface geometry on the culture of human cell lines: A comparative study using flat, round-bottom and v-shaped 96 well plates. PLoS One 12:e0186799 (2017). PubMed: 29084285
- Soysal SD et al. Identification and translational validation of novel mammaglobin-A CD8 T cell epitopes. Breast Cancer Res Treat 147:527-37 (2014). PubMed: 25212176
- Tomita Y et al. Peptides derived from human insulin-like growth factor-II mRNA binding protein 3 can induce human leukocyte antigen-A2-restricted cytotoxic T lymphocytes reactive to cancer cells. Cancer Sci 102:71-8 (2011). PubMed: 21087352
- Qu C et al. MHC class I/peptide transfer between dendritic cells overcomes poor cross-presentation by monocyte-derived APCs that engulf dying cells. J Immunol 182:3650-9 (2009). PubMed: 19265143