Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [BB7.2] to HLA A2 (FITC)
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
- Conjugation: FITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
- Isotype: IgG2b
Product nameAnti-HLA A2 antibody [BB7.2] (FITC)
See all HLA A2 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [BB7.2] to HLA A2 (FITC)
ConjugationFITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
SpecificityAb27728 recognises the human HLA A2 histocompatability antigen.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Papain solubilised HLA A2 (Human).
EpitopeThe epitope recognised by this antibody has been studied extensively and would appear to include the carboxy terminus of the alpha 2 helix and a turn on one of the underlying beta strands.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituent: 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesAb27728 was purified from tissue culture supernatant, and prepared by affinity chromatography.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab27728 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use 10 µl of the suggested working dilution to label 106 cells or 100µl whole blood.
ab91368 - Mouse monoclonal IgG2b, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
RelevanceInvolved in the presentation of foreign antigens to the immune system. Dimer of alpha chain and a beta chain (beta-2-microglobulin). Interacts with human herpesvirus 8 MIR1 protein.
Cellular localizationMembrane; Single-pass type I membrane protein.
- Antigen presenting molecule antibody
- HLA A antibody
- HLA A histocompatibility type antibody
ab27728 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Li D et al. Engineering chimeric human and mouse major histocompatibility complex (MHC) class I tetramers for the production of T-cell receptor (TCR) mimic antibodies. PLoS One 12:e0176642 (2017). Flow Cyt . PubMed: 28448627
- Kim YH et al. Branched multipeptide immunotherapy for glioblastoma using human leukocyte antigen-A*0201-restricted cytotoxic T-lymphocyte epitopes from ERBB2, BIRC5 and CD99. Oncotarget 7:50535-50547 (2016). PubMed: 27409668
- Straetemans T et al. Recurrence of melanoma following T cell treatment: continued antigen expression in a tumor that evades T cell recruitment. Mol Ther 23:396-406 (2015). PubMed: 25363716
- Cheent KS et al. Synergistic inhibition of natural killer cells by the nonsignaling molecule CD94. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:16981-6 (2013). Human . PubMed: 24082146
- Whitfield-Larry F et al. HLA-A2-matched peripheral blood mononuclear cells from type 1 diabetic patients, but not nondiabetic donors, transfer insulitis to NOD-scid/?c(null)/HLA-A2 transgenic mice concurrent with the expansion of islet-specific CD8+ T cells. Diabetes 60:1726-33 (2011). Flow Cyt . PubMed: 21521873
- Hogan KT & Brown SL Localization and characterization of serologic epitopes on HLA-A2. Hum Immunol 33:185-92 (1992). PubMed: 1377666
- Parham P & Brodsky FM Partial purification and some properties of BB7.2. A cytotoxic monoclonal antibody with specificity for HLA-A2 and a variant of HLA-A28. Hum Immunol 3:277-99 (1981). PubMed: 7035415