Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [HLA-ABC-m3] to HLA B27 (FITC)
- Reacts with: Human
- Conjugation: FITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-HLA B27 antibody [HLA-ABC-m3] (FITC)
See all HLA B27 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [HLA-ABC-m3] to HLA B27 (FITC)
ConjugationFITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Immune complex precipitated from HLA B27 positive cell line (Bordin) by anti HLA-antibody and Staphylococcal Protein A.
ab23840 reacts with the peripheral blood lymphocytes of 47/47 individuals conventionally typed as HLA B27 + and precipitates cell surface molecules of 43 and 12 kD, corresponding to the HLA Class 1 heavy chain and beta 2 microglobulin.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 0.2% BSA
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesab23840 is a purified IgG prepared by ion exchange chromatography.
Primary antibody notesab23840 reacts with the peripheral blood lymphocytes of 47/47 individuals conventionally typed as HLA B27 + and precipitates cell surface molecules of 43 and 12 kD, corresponding to the HLA Class 1 heavy chain and beta 2 microglobulin.
RelevanceInvolved in the presentation of foreign antigens to the immune system. HLA B belongs to the HLA class I heavy chain paralogues. This class I molecule is a heterodimer consisting of a heavy chain and a light chain (beta 2 microglobulin). The heavy chain is anchored in the membrane. Class I molecules play a central role in the immune system by presenting peptides derived from the endoplasmic reticulum lumen. They are expressed in nearly all cells.
Cellular localizationSingle-pass type 1 membrane protein
- HLAB antibody
- Leukocyte antigen class I B antibody
- Lymphocyte antigen antibody
ab23840 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Chen LG et al. Therapeutic targeting of liver cancer with a recombinant DNA vaccine containing the hemagglutinin-neuraminidase gene of Newcastle disease virus via apoptotic-dependent pathways. Oncol Lett 12:3344-3350 (2016). Flow Cyt . PubMed: 27900002
- de Jong MA et al. TNF-alpha and TLR agonists increase susceptibility to HIV-1 transmission by human Langerhans cells ex vivo. J Clin Invest 118:3440-3452 (2008). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 18776939
- Orr K et al. Utilization of commercial antisera and flow cytometry in HLA-B27 typing. Cytometry 18:17-20 (1994). PubMed: 8082482
- Trapani JA et al. Description of a mouse monoclonal anti-HLA-B27 antibody HLA-ABC-m3. Hum Immunol 7:205-16 (1983). PubMed: 6604046