Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [B7/21] to HLA-DP
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG3
Product nameAnti-HLA-DP antibody [B7/21]
See all HLA-DP primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [B7/21] to HLA-DP
The B7/21 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes HLA-DP antigens which are human Major Histocompatibility Complex (MHC) Class II antigens. HLA-DP antigens are heterodimers comprised of two different type I transmembrane glycoproteins that are noncovalently-associated. The ~34 kDa HLA-DP alpha (HLA-DPα) and ~26-28 kDa HLA-DP beta (HLA-DPβ) chains are encoded by HLA-DPA1 and HLA-DPB1 genes, respectively, that are located within the Human Leukocyte Antigen (HLA) Complex of chromosome 6. The B7/21 antibody recognizes a monomorphic determinant present on cells expressing HLA-DP1, -DP2, -DP3, -DP4, and -DP5 and does not reportedly bind to HLA-DR or HLA-DQ Class II antigens. HLA-DP is variably expressed on B cells, monocytes, macrophages, dendritic cells (DC), activated T cells, and tumor cell lines including B cell lines, myelomas, and some myeloid leukemias. HLA-DP functions in the presentation of peptides derived from extracellular antigens to CD4+ T cells.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
The details of the immunogen for this antibody are not available.
This antibody clone is manufactured by Abcam.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 6.97% L-Arginine
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab20897 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
RelevanceHLA-DPA1 belongs to the HLA class II alpha chain paralogues. This class II molecule is a heterodimer consisting of an alpha (DPA) and a beta (DPB) chain, both anchored in the membrane. It plays a vital role in the immune system by presenting peptides derived from extracellular proteins. Class II molecules are expressed in antigen presenting cells (B lymphocytes, dendritic cells and macrophages). Within the DP molecule the alpha and beta chain contain the polymorphisms governing the peptide binding specificities, resulting in up to 4 different molecules.
Cellular localizationType I membrane protein; Cell Membrane, Endoplasmic reticulum and Golgi Apparatus
- DP(W3) antibody
- DP(W4) antibody
- HLA class II histocompatibility antigen DP alpha 1 chain antibody
ab20897 has been referenced in 18 publications.
- Zhou J et al. Immunity to X-linked inhibitor of apoptosis protein (XIAP) in malignant melanoma and check-point blockade. Cancer Immunol Immunother 68:1331-1340 (2019). PubMed: 31317218
- Bronge M et al. Myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein revisited-sensitive detection of MOG-specific T-cells in multiple sclerosis. J Autoimmun 102:38-49 (2019). PubMed: 31054941
- Deo SS et al. Stimulation with lysates of Aspergillus terreus, Candida krusei and Rhizopus oryzae maximizes cross-reactivity of anti-fungal T cells. Cytotherapy 18:65-79 (2016). Blocking ; Human . PubMed: 26552765
- Gross S et al. Short Peptide Vaccine Induces CD4+ T Helper Cells in Patients with Different Solid Cancers. Cancer Immunol Res 4:18-25 (2016). Blocking ; Human . PubMed: 26563311
- Imamura Y et al. Generation of Large Numbers of Antigen-Expressing Human Dendritic Cells Using CD14-ML Technology. PLoS One 11:e0152384 (2016). Human . PubMed: 27050553