Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [5A6G7] to HLA G
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-HLA G antibody [5A6G7]
See all HLA G primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [5A6G7] to HLA G
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Other Immunogen Type corresponding to HLA G. C-terminal amino acid sequence (22-mer) of soluble HLA-G5 and HLA-G6 protein coupled to ovalbumin
- JEG3 cell lysate; HeLa/ M8 - HLA G5/6 transfected cell lysates, HeLa/HLA-G5 cell supernatant; placenta tissue.
ab76869 allows discrimination between soluble HLA-G protein yielded by shedding from membrane-bound HLA-G forms that do not contain the intron 4-encoded epitope and soluble HLA-G5/HLA-G6 produced from intron 4-retaining alternatively spliced mRNAs.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Purification notesPurified from TCS. Purity >95% by SDS-PAGE.
Primary antibody notesab76869 allows discrimination between soluble HLA-G protein yielded by shedding from membrane-bound HLA-G forms that do not contain the intron 4-encoded epitope and soluble HLA-G5/HLA-G6 produced from intron 4-retaining alternatively spliced mRNAs.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab76869 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 38 kDa.|
FunctionInvolved in the presentation of foreign antigens to the immune system. Plays a role in maternal tolerance of the fetus by mediating protection from the deleterious effects of natural killer cells, cytotoxic T lymphocytes, macrophages and mononuclear cells.
Tissue specificityExpressed in trophoblasts.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MHC class I family.
Contains 1 Ig-like C1-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
- Information by UniProt
- B2 microglobulin antibody
- DADB-15K14.8 antibody
- HLA 6.0 antibody
All lanes : Anti-HLA G antibody [5A6G7] (ab76869)
Lane 1 : M8 cell line transfected with empty vector
Lane 2 : M8 cell line transfected with HLA G1
Lane 3 : M8 cell line transfected with HLA G5
Lane 4 : M8 cell line transfected with HLA G6
Predicted band size: 38 kDa
Observed band size: 30,38 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab76869 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Leisegang MS et al. The histone demethylase PHF8 facilitates alternative splicing of the histocompatibility antigen HLA-G. FEBS Lett 593:487-498 (2019). PubMed: 30758047
- Wan R et al. Human Leukocyte Antigen-G Inhibits the Anti-Tumor Effect of Natural Killer Cells via Immunoglobulin-Like Transcript 2 in Gastric Cancer. Cell Physiol Biochem 44:1828-1841 (2017). PubMed: 29224003
- Du MR et al. Embryonic trophoblasts induce decidual regulatory T cell differentiation and maternal-fetal tolerance through thymic stromal lymphopoietin instructing dendritic cells. J Immunol 192:1502-11 (2014). Flow Cyt ; Human . PubMed: 24453244
- Guo Y et al. Soluble human leukocyte antigen-g5 activates extracellular signal-regulated protein kinase signaling and stimulates trophoblast invasion. PLoS One 8:e76023 (2013). WB ; Human . PubMed: 24098421
- Gonzalez A et al. Identification of circulating nonclassic human leukocyte antigen G (HLA-G)-like molecules in exudates. Clin Chem 57:1013-22 (2011). PubMed: 21527645
- Rebmann V et al. Quantification and identification of soluble HLA-G isoforms. Tissue Antigens 69 Suppl 1:143-9 (2007). PubMed: 17445190
- Rebmann V et al. Report of the Wet Workshop for Quantification of Soluble HLA-G in Essen, 2004. Hum Immunol 66:853-63 (2005). PubMed: 16216668
- Le Rond S et al. Alloreactive CD4+ and CD8+ T cells express the immunotolerant HLA-G molecule in mixed lymphocyte reactions: in vivo implications in transplanted patients. Eur J Immunol 34:649-60 (2004). PubMed: 14991594