Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [G233] to HLA G
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IP, ELISA, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-HLA G antibody [G233]
See all HLA G primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [G233] to HLA G
Specificityab52454 recognises several isoforms of HLA-G expressed in all populations of extravillous trophoblast (cell columns, interstitial trophoblast, endovascular trophoblast, placental bed giant cells). It does not cross-react with any other MHC Class I antigens (HLA-A, -B, -C, -E, -F).
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IP, ELISA, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Murine L cells transfected with both human beta2-microglobulin and HLA-G.
- Jeg3 cell line.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Purification notesPurified from hybridoma culture supernatant. Purity >95% by SDS-PAGE.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52454 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Flow Cyt||Use a concentration of 5 - 10 µg/ml.
ab170191 - Mouse monoclonal IgG2a, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionInvolved in the presentation of foreign antigens to the immune system. Plays a role in maternal tolerance of the fetus by mediating protection from the deleterious effects of natural killer cells, cytotoxic T lymphocytes, macrophages and mononuclear cells.
Tissue specificityExpressed in trophoblasts.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MHC class I family.
Contains 1 Ig-like C1-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
- Information by UniProt
- B2 microglobulin antibody
- DADB-15K14.8 antibody
- HLA 6.0 antibody
ICC/IF image of ab52454 stained Jeg3 cells. The cells were 4% paraformaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab52454, 10µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96879, DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab52454 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Cho S et al. The C-terminal amino acid of the MHC-I heavy chain is critical for binding to Derlin-1 in human cytomegalovirus US11-induced MHC-I degradation. PLoS One 8:e72356 (2013). Human . PubMed: 23951315
- Gonzalez A et al. Identification of circulating nonclassic human leukocyte antigen G (HLA-G)-like molecules in exudates. Clin Chem 57:1013-22 (2011). PubMed: 21527645
- Imudia AN et al. Retrieval of trophoblast cells from the cervical canal for prediction of abnormal pregnancy: a pilot study. Hum Reprod 24:2086-92 (2009). PubMed: 19497946
- Bulmer JN et al. HLA-G positive trophoblastic cells in transcervical samples and their isolation and analysis by laser microdissection and QF-PCR. Prenat Diagn 23:34-9 (2003). PubMed: 12533810
- Frumento G et al. Melanomas and melanoma cell lines do not express HLA-G, and the expression cannot be induced by gammaIFN treatment. Tissue Antigens 56:30-7 (2000). PubMed: 10958353
- Rajagopalan S & Long EO A human histocompatibility leukocyte antigen (HLA)-G-specific receptor expressed on all natural killer cells. J Exp Med 189:1093-100 (1999). PubMed: 10190900