Key features and details
- Mouse polyclonal to HMGA1
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-HMGA1 antibody
See all HMGA1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse polyclonal to HMGA1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Dog, Chinese hamster
- HMGA1 transfected 293T cell lysate; HeLa cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Constituent: 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab168260 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 11 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
FunctionHMG-I/Y bind preferentially to the minor groove of A+T rich regions in double stranded DNA. It is suggested that these proteins could function in nucleosome phasing and in the 3'-end processing of mRNA transcripts. They are also involved in the transcription regulation of genes containing, or in close proximity to A+T-rich regions.
Involvement in diseaseNote=A chromosomal aberration involving HMGA1 is found in pulmonary chondroid hamartoma. Translocation t(6;14)(p21;q23-24) with RAD51L1.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the HMGA family.
Contains 3 A.T hook DNA-binding domains.
modificationsConstitutively phosphorylated on two or three sites. Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR. Hyperphosphorylated at early stages of apoptosis, followed by dephosphorylation and methylation, which coincides with chromatin condensation. Isoform HMG-Y can be phosphorylated by HIPK2.
HMG-Y is not methylated.
Methylation at Arg-58 is mutually exclusive with methylation at Arg-60.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome.
- Information by UniProt
- High mobility group (nonhistone chromosomal) protein isoforms I and Y antibody
- High mobility group AT hook 1 antibody
- High mobility group AT-hook protein 1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-HMGA1 antibody (ab168260) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HMGA1 transfected 293T cell lysate
Lane 2 : Non transfected 293T cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 15 µl per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Mouse IgG (H&L)-HRP at 1/2500 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 11 kDa
Immunofluorescence analysis of permeabilized, paraformaldehyde-fixed HeLa cells, labeling HMGA1 with ab168260 at 10 µg/ml.
ab168260 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Wang J et al. Exosome-Mediated Transfer of lncRNA HOTTIP Promotes Cisplatin Resistance in Gastric Cancer Cells by Regulating HMGA1/miR-218 Axis. Onco Targets Ther 12:11325-11338 (2019). PubMed: 31908497
- Zhang R et al. The TGFß1-FOXM1-HMGA1-TGFß1 positive feedback loop increases the cisplatin resistance of non-small cell lung cancer by inducing G6PD expression. Am J Transl Res 11:6860-6876 (2019). PubMed: 31814893
- Liu J et al. miR-26a suppresses osteosarcoma migration and invasion by directly targeting HMGA1. Oncol Lett 15:8303-8310 (2018). PubMed: 29928320