- References (1)
Product nameHNMPA-(AM)3, Insulin receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor
DescriptionInsulin receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor
Biological descriptionInsulin receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor (IC50 = 100 μM). Inhibits serine and tyrosine autophosphorylation by the human insulin receptor. Cell-permeable analog of HNMPA (cell impermeable analog available ab141566).
Product's appearance is colorless oil
Chemical nameP-[[(Acetyloxy)methoxy]-2-naphthalenylmethyl]-bis[(acetyloxy)methyl] ester phosphonic acid
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in ethanol to 25 mM and in DMSO to 25mM
Unstable; make up solutions fresh and use immediately.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Receptors & Transporters
- Enzyme-Linked Receptors
- Receptor tyrosine kinases
This product has been referenced in:
- Record RD et al. Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase activation is required for insulin-stimulated sodium transport in A6 cells. Am J Physiol 274:E611-7 (1998). Read more (PubMed: 9575821) »
- Leibiger IB et al. Exocytosis of insulin promotes insulin gene transcription via the insulin receptor/PI-3 kinase/p70 s6 kinase and CaM kinase pathways. Mol Cell 1:933-8 (1998). Read more (PubMed: 9660977) »
- Baltensperger K et al. Catalysis of serine and tyrosine autophosphorylation by the human insulin receptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89:7885-9 (1992). Read more (PubMed: 1381504) »
- Saperstein R et al. Design of a selective insulin receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor and its effect on glucose uptake and metabolism in intact cells. Biochemistry 28:5694-701 (1989). Read more (PubMed: 2550060) »