Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to hnRNP A1
- Suitable for: IHC-P, IP, ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-hnRNP A1 antibody
See all hnRNP A1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to hnRNP A1
SpecificityThis antibody recognises hnRNPA1 (39kDa) in Western blots.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, IP, ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Macaque monkey
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human hnRNP A1 aa 300 to the C-terminus conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- Recombinant Human hnRNP A1 (isoform A1-A) protein (ab91691) can be used as a positive control in WB. This antibody gave a positive signal in HeLa whole cell lysate and Human normal skin tissue section.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab4791 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 39 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 41 kDa).|
FunctionInvolved in the packaging of pre-mRNA into hnRNP particles, transport of poly(A) mRNA from the nucleus to the cytoplasm and may modulate splice site selection. May play a role in HCV RNA replication.
Sequence similaritiesContains 2 RRM (RNA recognition motif) domains.
modificationsArg-194, Arg-206 and Arg-225 are dimethylated, probably to asymmetric dimethylarginine.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Localized in cytoplasmic mRNP granules containing untranslated mRNAs. Shuttles continuously between the nucleus and the cytoplasm along with mRNA. Component of ribonucleosomes. In the course of viral infection, colocalizes with HCV NS5B at speckles in the cytoplasm in a HCV-replication dependent manner.
- Information by UniProt
- HNRNPA 1 antibody
- Helix destabilizing protein antibody
- Helix-destabilizing protein antibody
All lanes : Anti-hnRNP A1 antibody (ab4791) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa Whole Cell Extract
Lane 2 : HeLa Nuclear Extract
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab6721) at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 41 kDa
Observed band size: 39 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Rabbit polyclonal to hnRNPA1 (ab4791) at 1/500.
Lane 1: HeLa Whole Cell Extract
Lane 2: HeLa Nuclear Extract
Secondary ab: Goat anti-rabbit IgG HRP conjugate ab6721 (1/2000)
hnRNP A1 was immunoprecipitated using 0.5mg Hela whole cell extract, 5µg of Rabbit polyclonal to hnRNP A1 and 50µl of protein G magnetic beads (+). No antibody was added to the control (-).
The antibody was incubated under agitation with Protein G beads for 10min, Hela whole cell extract lysate diluted in RIPA buffer was added to each sample and incubated for a further 10min under agitation.
Proteins were eluted by addition of 40µl SDS loading buffer and incubated for 10min at 70oC; 10µl of each sample was separated on a SDS PAGE gel, transferred to a nitrocellulose membrane, blocked with 5% BSA and probed with ab4791.
Secondary: Mouse monoclonal [SB62a] Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG light chain (HRP) (ab99697).
Band: 36kDa: hnRNP A1.
Immunofluorescent imaging of human cells (U2OS) with ab4791 reveals
the expected ribonucleoprotein particular staining in the nucleus.
IF was performed with a standard paraformaldehyde technique (fixed in
PBS buffered PFH 4% for 5 minutes, permeabilised with 0.5% triton-PBS
for 5 minutes, blocked with 5% milk / 0.2% tween for one hour. Primary antibody used at 1/200 in 5% milk / 0.2% TWEEN for one hour, secondary antibody for 30 minutes. All blocking and incubation steps carried out at 37 degrees. Nuclei counterstained with Hoechst stain (blue).
IHC image of hnRNP A1 staining in human skin FFPE section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab4791, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
ab4791 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Chen C et al. LNMAT1 promotes lymphatic metastasis of bladder cancer via CCL2 dependent macrophage recruitment. Nat Commun 9:3826 (2018). PubMed: 30237493
- Modelska A et al. The malignant phenotype in breast cancer is driven by eIF4A1-mediated changes in the translational landscape. Cell Death Dis 6:e1603 (2015). WB ; Human . PubMed: 25611378
- Rappe U et al. Nuclear ARVCF protein binds splicing factors and contributes to the regulation of alternative splicing. J Biol Chem 289:12421-34 (2014). Human . PubMed: 24644279
- Hope NR & Murray GI The expression profile of RNA-binding proteins in primary and metastatic colorectal cancer: relationship of heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoproteins with prognosis. Hum Pathol 42:393-402 (2011). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 21194727
- Zhang L et al. Quantitative proteomics analysis reveals BAG3 as a potential target to suppress severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus replication. J Virol 84:6050-9 (2010). WB ; Hamster . PubMed: 20392858
- Bowick GC et al. Analysis of the differential host cell nuclear proteome induced by attenuated and virulent hemorrhagic arenavirus infection. J Virol 83:687-700 (2009). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 19004951