Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to hnRNP C1 + C2/HNRNPC
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-hnRNP C1 + C2/HNRNPC antibody
See all hnRNP C1 + C2/HNRNPC primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to hnRNP C1 + C2/HNRNPC
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Cow
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Human hnRNP C1 + C2/HNRNPC aa 1-152. (AAH03394)
Database link: P07910
- WB: 293T, A431, HeLa, HepG2, MOLT4 or Raji lysates ICC/IF: HeLa cells IHC-P: Cal27 Xenograft
This product was previously labelled as hnRNP C1 + C2
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 1.21% Tris, 0.75% Glycine, 20% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab97541 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/3000. Predicted molecular weight: 32 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/200.|
FunctionBinds pre-mRNA and nucleates the assembly of 40S hnRNP particles (PubMed:8264621). Specifically recognizes and binds N6-methyladenosine (m6A)-containing RNAs, a modification present at internal sites of mRNAs that affects mRNA splicing, processing and stability. M6A alters the local structure in mRNAs and long non-coding RNAs (lncRNAs) via a mechanism named 'm(6)A-switch' to facilitate binding of HNRNPC, leading to regulation of mRNA splicing (PubMed:25719671). Single HNRNPC tetramers bind 230-240 nucleotides. Trimers of HNRNPC tetramers bind 700 nucleotides. May play a role in the early steps of spliceosome assembly and pre-mRNA splicing. Interacts with poly-U tracts in the 3'-UTR or 5'-UTR of mRNA and modulates the stability and the level of translation of bound mRNA molecules (PubMed:12509468, PubMed:16010978, PubMed:7567451, PubMed:8264621).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the RRM HNRPC family. RALY subfamily.
Contains 1 RRM (RNA recognition motif) domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on Ser-260 and Ser-299 in resting cells. Phosphorylated on Ser-253 and on 1 serine residue in the poly-Ser stretch at position 238 in response to hydrogen peroxide.
Sumoylated. Sumoylation reduces affinity for mRNA.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Component of ribonucleosomes.
- Information by UniProt
- C1 antibody
- C2 antibody
- Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein C (C1/C2) antibody
Anti-hnRNP C1 + C2/HNRNPC antibody (ab97541) at 1/1000 dilution + Raji whole cell lysate at 30 µg
Predicted band size: 32 kDa
12% SDS PAGE
Immunohistochemical analysis of hnRNP C1 + C2/HNRNPC in paraffin embedded Cal27 Xenograft, using ab97541 at a 1/100 dilution.
Immunofluorescence analysis of hnRNP C1 + C2/HNRNPC in paraformaldehyde fixed HeLa, using ab97541 at a 1/200 dilution.
Lower image is merged with DNA probe.
ab97541 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Mittenberg AG et al. Combined treatment of human multiple myeloma cells with bortezomib and doxorubicin alters the interactome of 20S proteasomes. Cell Cycle 17:1745-1756 (2018). PubMed: 30009671
- Cai Y et al. Broad Susceptibility of Nucleolar Proteins and Autoantigens to Complement C1 Protease Degradation. J Immunol 199:3981-3990 (2017). PubMed: 29070672
- Varjak M et al. Magnetic fractionation and proteomic dissection of cellular organelles occupied by the late replication complexes of Semliki Forest virus. J Virol 87:10295-312 (2013). PubMed: 23864636