Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to hnRNP D/AUF1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-hnRNP D/AUF1 antibody
See all hnRNP D/AUF1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to hnRNP D/AUF1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Horse, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog, Zebrafish
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab50692 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1.25 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 38 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 38 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 4 - 8 µg/ml.|
FunctionBinds with high affinity to RNA molecules that contain AU-rich elements (AREs) found within the 3'-UTR of many proto-oncogenes and cytokine mRNAs. Also binds to double- and single-stranded DNA sequences in a specific manner and functions a transcription factor. Each of the RNA-binding domains specifically can bind solely to a single-stranded non-monotonous 5'-UUAG-3' sequence and also weaker to the single-stranded 5'-TTAGGG-3' telomeric DNA repeat. Binds RNA oligonucleotides with 5'-UUAGGG-3' repeats more tightly than the telomeric single-stranded DNA 5'-TTAGGG-3' repeats. Binding of RRM1 to DNA inhibits the formation of DNA quadruplex structure which may play a role in telomere elongation. May be involved in translationally coupled mRNA turnover. Implicated with other RNA-binding proteins in the cytoplasmic deadenylation/translational and decay interplay of the FOS mRNA mediated by the major coding-region determinant of instability (mCRD) domain.
Sequence similaritiesContains 2 RRM (RNA recognition motif) domains.
modificationsArg-345 is dimethylated, probably to asymmetric dimethylarginine.
Methylated by PRMT1, in an insulin-dependent manner. The PRMT1-mediated methylation regulates tyrosine phosphorylation.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Localized in cytoplasmic mRNP granules containing untranslated mRNAs. Component of ribonucleosomes.
- Information by UniProt
- ARE binding protein AUFI type A antibody
- AU-rich element RNA-binding protein 1 antibody
- AUF antibody
Human Cardiac Cell
Anti-hnRNP D/AUF1 antibody (ab50692) at 1 µg/ml + Human Adult Placenta
Predicted band size: 38 kDa
Observed band size: 40 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
All lanes : Anti-hnRNP D/AUF1 antibody (ab50692) at 1.25 µg/ml
Lane 1 : MW ladder
Lane 2 : Jurkat cell lysate
at 10 µg
All lanes : HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG
at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size: 38 kDa
Observed band size: 38 kDa
Additional bands at: 40 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Staining of hnRNP D/AUF1 on human intestine tissue sections, using ab50692 at 8ug/ml. Expression is detected on the epithelial cells of the intestinal villus (arrows).
ab50692 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Agbor LN et al. Conditional deletion of smooth muscle Cullin-3 causes severe progressive hypertension. JCI Insight 5:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31184598
- Zhou F et al. Pim1 Impacts Enterovirus A71 Replication and Represents a Potential Target in Antiviral Therapy. iScience 19:715-727 (2019). PubMed: 31476618
- Al-Kharashi LA et al. The DNA methyl-transferase protein DNMT1 enhances tumor-promoting properties of breast stromal fibroblasts. Oncotarget 9:2329-2343 (2018). PubMed: 29416775
- Gueroussov S et al. Regulatory Expansion in Mammals of Multivalent hnRNP Assemblies that Globally Control Alternative Splicing. Cell 170:324-339.e23 (2017). PubMed: 28709000
- Hendrayani SF et al. The inflammatory/cancer-related IL-6/STAT3/NF-?B positive feedback loop includes AUF1 and maintains the active state of breast myofibroblasts. Oncotarget 7:41974-41985 (2016). PubMed: 27248826
- Kumar M et al. Nuclear heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein D is associated with poor prognosis and interactome analysis reveals its novel binding partners in oral cancer. J Transl Med 13:285 (2015). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 26318153
- Hendrayani SF et al. The cytokine IL-6 reactivates breast stromal fibroblasts through transcription factor STAT3-dependent up-regulation of the RNA-binding protein AUF1. J Biol Chem 289:30962-76 (2014). PubMed: 25231991
- Hino K et al. Downregulation of Nipah virus N mRNA occurs through interaction between its 3' untranslated region and hnRNP D. J Virol 87:6582-8 (2013). WB . PubMed: 23514888
- McGray AJ et al. Regulation of thrombospondin-1 expression through AU-rich elements in the 3'UTR of the mRNA. Cell Mol Biol Lett 16:55-68 (2011). WB . PubMed: 21161418
- Unterberger A et al. A method for purification, identification and validation of DNMT1 mRNA binding proteins. Biol Proced Online 10:47-57 (2008). WB ; Human . PubMed: 19048127