Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [3C2] to hnRNP K
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Rat, Hamster, Cow, Human, Xenopus laevis
- Isotype: IgG2b
Product nameAnti-hnRNP K antibody [3C2]
See all hnRNP K primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [3C2] to hnRNP K
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IF, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Hamster, Cow, Human, Xenopus laevis
Full length native protein (purified) (Human)
- HeLa extracts. This antibody gave a positive result when used in the following formaldehyde fixed cell lines: HeLa.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab39975 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 65 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 51 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Flow Cyt||Use 1µg for 106 cells.
ab170192 - Mouse monoclonal IgG2b, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionOne of the major pre-mRNA-binding proteins. Binds tenaciously to poly(C) sequences. Likely to play a role in the nuclear metabolism of hnRNAs, particularly for pre-mRNAs that contain cytidine-rich sequences. Can also bind poly(C) single-stranded DNA.
Sequence similaritiesContains 3 KH domains.
modificationsArg-296 and Arg-299 are dimethylated, probably to asymmetric dimethylarginine.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus > nucleoplasm. In case of ASFV infection, there is a shift in the localization which becomes predominantly nuclear.
- Information by UniProt
- CSBP antibody
- dC stretch binding protein antibody
- FLJ41122 antibody
All lanes : Anti-hnRNP K antibody [3C2] (ab39975) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : SK N BE (Human neuroblastoma) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : TE 671 (Human Rhabdomyosarcoma) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Nuclear Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Mouse IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Predicted band size: 51 kDa
Observed band size: 55 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 65 kDa (possible post-translational modification)
ICC/IF image of ab39975 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab39975 at 5µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti- mouse (ab96879) IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab39975 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab39975, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG2b [PLPV219] (ab91366, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
ab39975 has been referenced in 21 publications.
- Li W et al. Exosomal FMR1-AS1 facilitates maintaining cancer stem-like cell dynamic equilibrium via TLR7/NF?B/c-Myc signaling in female esophageal carcinoma. Mol Cancer 18:22 (2019). PubMed: 30736860
- Sprague D et al. Nonlinear sequence similarity between the Xist and Rsx long noncoding RNAs suggests shared functions of tandem repeat domains. RNA 25:1004-1019 (2019). PubMed: 31097619
- Tang S et al. LncRNA-OG Promotes the Osteogenic Differentiation of Bone Marrow-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells Under the Regulation of hnRNPK. Stem Cells 37:270-283 (2019). PubMed: 30372559
- Zhao L et al. The anticancer effects of cinobufagin on hepatocellular carcinoma Huh-7 cells are associated with activation of the p73 signaling pathway. Mol Med Rep 19:4119-4128 (2019). PubMed: 30942456
- Jansz N et al. Smchd1 Targeting to the Inactive X Is Dependent on the Xist-HnrnpK-PRC1 Pathway. Cell Rep 25:1912-1923.e9 (2018). PubMed: 30428357