Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to hnRNP K
- Suitable for: WB, IP, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-hnRNP K antibody
See all hnRNP K primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to hnRNP K
SpecificityThis antibody does not appear to react with isoform b of human hnRNPK (NP_112552.1).
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Guinea pig, Cow, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Orangutan, Platypus, Elephant
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a sequence from the C-terminus of isoform a of human hnRNP K. (NP_002131.2)
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 6.8
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab70492 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 55 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 51 kDa).|
|IP||Use at 1-4 µg/mg of lysate.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionOne of the major pre-mRNA-binding proteins. Binds tenaciously to poly(C) sequences. Likely to play a role in the nuclear metabolism of hnRNAs, particularly for pre-mRNAs that contain cytidine-rich sequences. Can also bind poly(C) single-stranded DNA.
Sequence similaritiesContains 3 KH domains.
modificationsArg-296 and Arg-299 are dimethylated, probably to asymmetric dimethylarginine.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus > nucleoplasm. In case of ASFV infection, there is a shift in the localization which becomes predominantly nuclear.
- Information by UniProt
- CSBP antibody
- dC stretch binding protein antibody
- FLJ41122 antibody
All lanes : Anti-hnRNP K antibody (ab70492) at 0.04 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 2 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 15 µg
Lane 3 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 5 µg
Lane 4 : 293T whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 5 : NIH3T3 whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Predicted band size: 51 kDa
Observed band size: 51,55 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human ovarian carcinoma (left) and mouse squamous cell carcinoma (right) tissues labelling hnRNP K with ab70492 at 1/1000 (0.2µg/ml). Detection: DAB.
IHC image of hnRNP K staining in Human Colon Adenocarcinoma formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica Bond™ system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab70492, 0.5 µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
Detection of Human hnRNP K by Immunoprecipitation in Whole cell lysate from HeLa cells (1 mg/IP, 20% of IP loaded) using ab70492 at 3 µg/mg for IP and at 1.0 µg/ml for subsequent WB detection. Lane 2 represents IP IgG control.
ab70492 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Bakhmet EI et al. hnRNP-K targets open chromatin in mouse embryonic stem cells in concert with multiple regulators. Stem Cells N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31021473
- Thompson PJ et al. hnRNP K Coordinates Transcriptional Silencing by SETDB1 in Embryonic Stem Cells. PLoS Genet 11:e1004933 (2015). ChIP, ICC/IF . PubMed: 25611934
- Dimitrova N et al. LincRNA-p21 activates p21 in cis to promote Polycomb target gene expression and to enforce the G1/S checkpoint. Mol Cell 54:777-90 (2014). WB, ChIP . PubMed: 24857549
- Marques Howarth M et al. Long noncoding RNA EWSAT1-mediated gene repression facilitates Ewing sarcoma oncogenesis. J Clin Invest 124:5275-90 (2014). PubMed: 25401475
- Huarte M et al. A Large Intergenic Noncoding RNA Induced by p53 Mediates Global Gene Repression in the p53 Response. Cell 142:409-419 (2010). ChIP/Chip ; Mouse . PubMed: 20673990