Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [3G6] to hnRNP U/p120
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human, Monkey
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-hnRNP U/p120 antibody [3G6]
See all hnRNP U/p120 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [3G6] to hnRNP U/p120
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human, Monkey
Does not react with: Chicken, Lizard
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to hnRNP U/p120. RNPs eluted from an oligo (dt) cellulose column
- WB: HeLa cytoplasmic and nuclear fraction. HEK-293T whole cell lysate. ICC/IF: U-2 OS cells. IHC-P: Human cerebellum tissue. Flow Cytometry: HeLa cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Purification notesProtein A purified from tissue culture supernatant.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab10297 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Detects a band of approximately 97 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 120 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Flow Cyt||Use 1µg for 106 cells.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionComponent of the CRD-mediated complex that promotes MYC mRNA stabilization. Binds to pre-mRNA. Has high affinity for scaffold-attached region (SAR) DNA. Binds to double- and single-stranded DNA and RNA.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 B30.2/SPRY domain.
Contains 1 SAP domain.
Arg-733 and Arg-739 are dimethylated, probably to asymmetric dimethylarginine.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Cell surface. Localized in cytoplasmic mRNP granules containing untranslated mRNAs. Component of ribonucleosomes. Also found associated with the cell surface.
- Information by UniProt
- Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein U antibody
- hnRNP U antibody
- hnRNP U protein antibody
All lanes : Anti-hnRNP U/p120 antibody [3G6] (ab10297) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Cytoplasmic fraction of HeLa (human epithelial cell line from cervix adenocarcinoma) lysate
Lane 2 : Nuclear fraction of HeLa (human epithelial cell line from cervix adenocarcinoma) lysate
Predicted band size: 120 kDa
Observed band size: 120 kDa
This correlates with the information published in the reference Dreyfuss, G. et. al.
Anti-hnRNP U/p120 antibody [3G6] (ab10297) at 1/5000 dilution + HEK-293T (human epithelial cell line from embryonic kidney transformed with large T antigen) whole cell lysate at 100 µg
HRP conjugated sheep anti-mouse IgG
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 120 kDa
Observed band size: 120 kDa
Additional bands at: 60 kDa, 80 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 1 minute
ab10297 (4 µg/ml)) staining hnRNP U/p120 in human cerebellum using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus). Using this protocol there is strong nuclear staining of Purkinje cells neurons.
Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffer EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 minutes. They were then blocked with a protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 minutes and detected with Dako Envision Flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that, for manual staining, optimization of primary antibody concentration and incubation time is recommended. Signal amplification may be required.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa (human epithelial cell line from cervix adenocarcinoma) cells stained with ab10297 (red line). The cells were fixed with 100% methanol (5 minutes) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 minutes. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab10297, 1 µg/1x106 cells) for 30 minutes at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 minutes at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in HeLa cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 minutes)/permeabilized in 0.1% PBS-Tween used under the same conditions.
ab10297 has been referenced in 22 publications.
- Sun WL et al. Long noncoding RNA OIP5-AS1 targets Wnt-7b to affect glioma progression via modulation of miR-410. Biosci Rep 39:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30498093
- Alfano L et al. Depletion of the RNA binding protein HNRNPD impairs homologous recombination by inhibiting DNA-end resection and inducing R-loop accumulation. Nucleic Acids Res N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30799487
- Fan H et al. The nuclear matrix protein HNRNPU maintains 3D genome architecture globally in mouse hepatocytes. Genome Res 28:192-202 (2018). PubMed: 29273625
- Ridings-Figueroa R et al. The nuclear matrix protein CIZ1 facilitates localization of Xist RNA to the inactive X-chromosome territory. Genes Dev 31:876-888 (2017). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 28546514
- Nozawa RS et al. SAF-A Regulates Interphase Chromosome Structure through Oligomerization with Chromatin-Associated RNAs. Cell 169:1214-1227.e18 (2017). PubMed: 28622508