Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to HO-2
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Rabbit, Guinea pig, Hamster, Cow, Dog, Human, Pig, Monkey
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-HO-2 antibody
See all HO-2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to HO-2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Rabbit, Guinea pig, Hamster, Cow, Dog, Human, Pig, Monkey
Full length native protein (purified) corresponding to Rat HO-2.
- Rat, human and mouse liver microsome extracts, HeLa cell lysate (heat shocked), mouse spinal cord section (stressed), human prostate section
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab90492 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 36 kDa.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionHeme oxygenase cleaves the heme ring at the alpha methene bridge to form biliverdin. Biliverdin is subsequently converted to bilirubin by biliverdin reductase. Under physiological conditions, the activity of heme oxygenase is highest in the spleen, where senescent erythrocytes are sequestrated and destroyed. Heme oxygenase 2 could be implicated in the production of carbon monoxide in brain where it could act as a neurotransmitter.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the heme oxygenase family.
Contains 2 HRM (heme regulatory motif) repeats.
Cellular localizationMicrosome. Endoplasmic reticulum.
- Information by UniProt
- Heme oxygenase (decycling) 2 antibody
- Heme oxygenase (decyclizing) 2 antibody
- Heme oxygenase 2 antibody
ab90492 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Hagiu A et al. Dose-dependent green tea effect on decrease of inflammation in human oral gingival epithelial keratinocytes: in vitro study. Clin Oral Investig 24:2375-2383 (2020). PubMed: 31650316
- Meng B et al. Hepatoprotective Effects of Morchella esculenta against Alcohol-Induced Acute Liver Injury in the C57BL/6 Mouse Related to Nrf-2 and NF-?B Signaling. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2019:6029876 (2019). PubMed: 31396303
- Wang D et al. The Antidiabetic and Antinephritic Activities of Auricularia cornea (An Albino Mutant Strain) via Modulation of Oxidative Stress in the db/db Mice. Front Immunol 10:1039 (2019). PubMed: 31134090
- Jiang X et al. The Antidiabetic and Antinephritic Activities of Tuber melanosporum via Modulation of Nrf2-Mediated Oxidative Stress in the db/db Mouse. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2018:7453865 (2018). PubMed: 30186548
- Gazdhar A et al. Alpha-Klotho Enrichment in Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell Secretome Contributes to Antioxidative Protection in Acute Lung Injury. Stem Cells 36:616-625 (2018). PubMed: 29226550
- Yuan G et al. H2S production by reactive oxygen species in the carotid body triggers hypertension in a rodent model of sleep apnea. Sci Signal 9:ra80 (2016). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 27531649
- Ravikumar P et al. aKlotho deficiency in acute kidney injury contributes to lung damage. J Appl Physiol (1985) 120:723-32 (2016). PubMed: 26718784
- Zhang C et al. Heme Oxygenase-1 Suppresses Bovine Viral Diarrhoea Virus Replication in vitro. Sci Rep 5:15575 (2015). WB . PubMed: 26510767
- Yuan G et al. Protein kinase G-regulated production of H2S governs oxygen sensing. Sci Signal 8:ra37 (2015). IP, IHC-P ; Human, Mouse . PubMed: 25900831
- Peng YJ et al. Inherent variations in CO-H2S-mediated carotid body O2 sensing mediate hypertension and pulmonary edema. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:1174-9 (2014). Rat . PubMed: 24395806