Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to HO-2
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Dog, Human, Pig, Monkey
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-HO-2 antibody
See all HO-2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to HO-2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Dog, Human, Pig, Monkey
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human HO-2 (N terminal).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab90515 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 36 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionHeme oxygenase cleaves the heme ring at the alpha methene bridge to form biliverdin. Biliverdin is subsequently converted to bilirubin by biliverdin reductase. Under physiological conditions, the activity of heme oxygenase is highest in the spleen, where senescent erythrocytes are sequestrated and destroyed. Heme oxygenase 2 could be implicated in the production of carbon monoxide in brain where it could act as a neurotransmitter.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the heme oxygenase family.
Contains 2 HRM (heme regulatory motif) repeats.
Cellular localizationMicrosome. Endoplasmic reticulum.
- Information by UniProt
- Heme oxygenase (decycling) 2 antibody
- Heme oxygenase (decyclizing) 2 antibody
- Heme oxygenase 2 antibody
ab90515 staining HO-2 in MCF7 cells by Immunofluorescence (green). Nuclei are stained in blue pseudocolor using DRAQ5.
All lanes : Anti-HO-2 antibody (ab90515) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : HO-2 Recombinant Human Protein
Lane 2 : Human Liver Microsome Extract
Lane 3 : Mouse Liver Microsome Extract
Lane 4 : Rat Liver Microsome Extract
Lane 5 : Dog Liver Microsome Extract
Predicted band size: 36 kDa
ab90515 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Patra U et al. Progressive Rotavirus Infection Downregulates Redox-Sensitive Transcription Factor Nrf2 and Nrf2-Driven Transcription Units. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2020:7289120 (2020). PubMed: 32322337
- Yang F et al. Suppression of TRPV4 channels ameliorates anti-dipsogenic effects under hypoxia in the subfornical organ of rats. Sci Rep 6:30168 (2016). WB . PubMed: 27436489
- Lee S et al. Chronic Stress Decreases Cerebrovascular Responses During Rat Hindlimb Electrical Stimulation. Front Neurosci 9:462 (2015). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 26778944