Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR10103(B)] to HOOK1
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
Product nameAnti-HOOK1 antibody [EPR10103(B)]
See all HOOK1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR10103(B)] to HOOK1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human HOOK1 aa 700-800 (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- A673, MCF-7 and 293T cell lysates.
Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with this species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20ºC.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab150397 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 85 kDa.|
FunctionRequired for spermatid differentiation. Probably involved in the positioning of the microtubules of the manchette and the flagellum in relation to the membrane skeleton (By similarity). Component of the FTS/Hook/FHIP complex (FHF complex). The FHF complex may function to promote vesicle trafficking and/or fusion via the homotypic vesicular protein sorting complex (the HOPS complex).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the hook family.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Cytoplasm. Localizes to the spermatid manchette during spermiogenesis but is not present in mature spermatozoa (By similarity). Localizes to punctate cytoplasmic foci which do not appear to overlap with early or late endosomes, the endoplasmic reticulum, the Golgi complex, multivesicular bodies (MVBs), lysosomes, or mitochondria. Often found in close association with microtubules.
- Information by UniProt
- A930033L17Rik antibody
- Abnormal spermatozoon head shape antibody
- azh antibody
ab150397 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Olenick MA et al. Dynein activator Hook1 is required for trafficking of BDNF-signaling endosomes in neurons. J Cell Biol 218:220-233 (2019). PubMed: 30373907
- Do M et al. Quantitative proteomic analysis of pancreatic cyst fluid proteins associated with malignancy in intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms. Clin Proteomics 15:17 (2018). PubMed: 29713252
- Olenick MA et al. Hook Adaptors Induce Unidirectional Processive Motility by Enhancing the Dynein-Dynactin Interaction. J Biol Chem 291:18239-51 (2016). PubMed: 27365401