Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to HOXA4
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-HOXA4 antibody
See all HOXA4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to HOXA4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: ICC/IF or IHC-P
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
- HESCS differentiated neuroectoderm lysate at day 10; HESCS differentiated neuroectoderm lysate at day 30.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab26097 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 37-39 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 34 kDa).|
FunctionSequence-specific transcription factor which is part of a developmental regulatory system that provides cells with specific positional identities on the anterior-posterior axis. Binds to sites in the 5'-flanking sequence of its coding region with various affinities. The consensus sequences of the high and low affinity binding sites are 5'-TAATGA[CG]-3' and 5'-CTAATTTT-3'.
Tissue specificityEmbryonic nervous system.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Antp homeobox family. Deformed subfamily.
Contains 1 homeobox DNA-binding domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Dfd like protein antibody
- Homeo box A4 antibody
- Homeobox A4 antibody
Lane 1 : Marker
Lanes 2-4 : Anti-HOXA4 antibody (ab26097) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 2 : Neuroectoderm (HESCS differentiated) Lysate - Day 10 at 20 µg
Lane 3 : Neuroectoderm (HESCS differentiated) Lysate - Day 30 at 20 µg
Lane 4 : Human Skeletal Muscle Normal Tissue Lysate at 20 µg
Lanes 2-4 : IRDye 680 Conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/15000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 34 kDa
Observed band size: 30 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Higher migrating bands observed in Neuroectoderm (HESCS differentiated) Lysate - Day 10 may represent splice variants of HoxA4. The immunogen is specific for HoxA4 in NCBI blast and shows no similarity to other HOX proteins.
ab26097 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Klausen C & Auersperg N HOXA4 protein levels and localization in the aorta and in human abdominal aortic aneurysms. BMC Physiol 11:18 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 22168796
- Lillvis JH et al. Regional expression of HOXA4 along the aorta and its potential role in human abdominal aortic aneurysms. BMC Physiol 11:9 (2011). WB, IHC . PubMed: 21627813
- Ota T et al. Expression and function of HOXA genes in normal and neoplastic ovarian epithelial cells. Differentiation 77:162-71 (2009). PubMed: 19281776
- Klausen C et al. Cell motility and spreading are suppressed by HOXA4 in ovarian cancer cells: possible involvement of beta1 integrin. Mol Cancer Res 7:1425-37 (2009). PubMed: 19723874